At the doors.

by Sabin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin

What were some of the derogatory things you heard or said about house holders?

I was taught that If they didn't answer the door & you knew they were in it was always that they had a guilty conscience.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, or that "they would look back on this day and regret it at Armageddon"

("oh if only I had opened the door to those two strange people that day 13 years ago")

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

An elderly sister, anointed, a little weird (somehow most anointed are?), was out doing street witnessing.

She approached a disabled man in a wheelchair. Of course she told him about paradise, where even the lame would leap like deer. He politely expressed his lack of interest.

"Well, just keep sitting in your wheelchair then, if you like that so much!"....

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but I did have a sign posted Absolutely No Soliciting because I worked from home, they knocked anyway. Look it was tax deadline time and everything was breaking down in my house at the same time, the teenage kids thought I should be able to split my time 10 ways too. So the JWS said something or other to me and I just said like I don't have time for you all read the sign I am just to busy. One said something like can we help in someway. I said sure I could use about 6 husbands right about now.

I would have loved to heard those comments as they immediately left.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    someone at the hall commented that if people don't listen to Jw's then they are stupid.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Ummm bout 20 years ago...i was at a door, and this lady told me to come back when i was'nt preaching..😈😈
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    haha Brandnew...so...Did you make a "Return Visit"? (Did you place anything?)
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @ Stuck .....nah.....never did...😂😂😂😂
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    😊😘
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I just literally 5 mins ago just had two Mormons knock on my door. They asked if I would like to hear the gossip of jesus christ. I told them no thanks but invited them in to warm up and asked if they would like some hot chocolate.

They said no thanks but asked if I know anyone who would be interested in the message. I pointed to the elder who lives two houses down from me. I asked if I could watch what happens.

Hi we are from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints...................slam. Too funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit