I`m on Windows 10 and my mouse keeps dying , any suggestions ? what to do ?

by smiddy 21 Replies latest forum suggestions

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hi friends.

As the OP states lately my mouse keeps dying on me while I`m in the middle of typing a post or whatever and so I lose all that I have laboured to type.

I keep resurrecting the mouse but now it`s dying more frequently .

Any suggestions on how to get around this problem , or am I flogging a dead mouse ?

I await your suggestions.

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb
    Try rubbing some Cheddar on it.?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

zeb

You DH , I had a laughing fit over that comment , I`m serious.!

smiddy

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Might be some help for you on this forum

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/9997-windows-10-mouse-keyboard-not-working.html

hope you get it fixed soon

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Check and/or replace the battery in the mouse. Then rub some cheddar on it as desired. 

Bobcat

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I have been a hold out on upgrading to 10. Please report back on how the info ( and cheese) worked.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WIn. 10 has nothing to do with it, its your mouse , batteries ??

If you have some software that was designed for your mouse, you might try and reinstall that and reboot.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I had something similar happen to me when I upgraded to Windows 10, except my mouse would die and come back within a few seconds. Turns out there was an incompatibility between a Realtek program that gets installed with their HD Audio called FMAPP.exe . I killed this program and the problem was solved. No more dying or lag. I also made sure to remove this as a startup app under msconfig.

If it's a wireless mouse, try using a wired USB mouse to see if you have the same problem. If it's a touchpad/wireless, try downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. Also, is it just the mouse, or are other peripheral devices dying as well?

If all else fails, become a power user and learn all the bajillions of keyboard commands so you can impress your friends with superior knowledge and wizardry of how to control a computer without a mouse.

• Simon
    Simon

How would your mouse dying make you lose what you have typed?

Borrow or steal a new one (or replace batteries / checking nothing is in the way if wireless) to make sure it's not an OS issue. Maybe buy a new one if it isn't.

Most PC operations can be controlled with keyboard as well, learning shortcuts will make you more productive.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I thank all of you for your suggestions , however i`m a computer nerd and well into my 70`s which does not help.

My mouse is a logitech plugged into my harddrive ? no batteries .

When I have the problem I turn off the pc unplug it from the wall and unplug the mouse from the harddrive ?

which has fixed the problem until next time it happens and I do it all over again.

Maybe I`m a lost cause.

Simon ," How would your mouse dying make you lose what you have typed ?" Easy , .no cursor , no control .

I would love to know how to control my pc with just the keyboard but I am afraid it may be too complicated for me.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit