My Anointed Grandma’s Wavering Faith?

by My Name is of No Consequence 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ blondie: I don't believe that she listens in. I'm sure that she could if she wanted to.

@ Nathan Natas: He died of a blood clot as a result of the surgery.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

MyName

Great she is waking up, sad it didn't happen many years ago when she was young & many great years ahead of her.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Very sorry about your Dad and your Grandmother.

When ever someone dies in my brothers cong, my brother gets very upset because he thinks that JWs will not die. He thinks he will not die......

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

sorry if I killed your OP

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ TTWSYF:

No problem. The fact of the matter is that everyone who has lived has died or will die.

• undercover
    undercover
    The organization values its members by their productivity. People under 15 and over 80 are poor producers, and so are marginalized.
    The intuitive among JWs pick up on this, and the reaction is often the same as your grandma's.

I wish my parents and in-laws would pick up on this. Mid/late 70s and they're as hard-core a JW as you'll ever find. Nothing makes a dent with these people. And the guilt trips they can lay... it would make a Jewish grandmother blush. I've become teflon to their shenanigans, but not so others in my immediate family. They are susceptible to the guilt and fear laid on them

But OTOH, I do worry about older ones who have known nothing but a life of JWism. Should they wake up one day late in life, what would that do to their psyche? To realize you spent 70-80 years in this, only to be wrong.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The religion that those over 65 are familiar with has completely changed.....

It bears very little similarity to the one of today....

The GB are deliberately trying to re-brand, and appeal to a new generation of witness youths..... However, they too will get old and die....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit