How Many Elders And Ministerial Servants Are There In Your Congregation?

by Village Idiot 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'm curious to see how much manpower a little congregation - a hundred? - requires to keep it running.
  • zophar
    zophar
    There are 3 elders and 6 MS in the local congregation.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    There are roughly 95 pubs in my cong and have 4 ms and 5 elders.
  • humblepotato
    humblepotato

60 Publishers

4 Elders

4 Ministerial Servants (only two are really used)

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

90+ publishers

10 elders

3 Servants

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The last time I was at my KH/cong. of my youth, it was a little over 20 years ago. Back then in a congregation of about 120 publishers, there was 10 to 12 elders, and 12 - 15 MS's. I heard that NOW, 20 years later, there are only about 75 publishers, and 6 elders, and 6 MS's.

Understand, too, that this is a congregation that is in one of the boroughs of NYC, where they have access to bethelites, and others to "fill in the ranks". Looks like a huge decline, on all levels, if ya ask me.

• karter
    karter

In my old congro they kept lowering the bar to be an Elder or M.S so there were plenty but quality was at best questionable.

Karter.

• sir82
    sir82

12 elders & 6 MS

That ratio is becoming very common, and spells major trouble for the future of the WTS.

Elders are getting older and become limited in what they can do, or die off, or get deleted. And there aren't enough replacements.

For example, of that group of 6 MS, only one has the potential to be an elder one day. And of the 12 elders, only 4 are under age 63. I.e., within 10 years, the congregation will collapse (unless there is an influx of new elders moving in).

• alanv
    alanv
    I think its true to say, that if a cong is a bit short of elders or mini servants, they just lower the bar a bit. Its not as if they need to use their brain a lot for the work they do, as the Watchtower lays out exactly what they should do.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    60 JWs, 5 elders, 1 MS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit