Get Well Soon, Lady Lee

by badolputtytat 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well another friggin wasted morning in a Dr office

I tell him my feet hurt and he tells me to touch my nose and because I can touch my nose then my brain isn't turning to mush. H*ll he went to school for that?

Well it seems according to the fine doctor there is nothing neurologically wrong with me.

So back I go to the family doctor for more tests and more referrals and then more tests.

The good news (other than I am not neurologically impaired) is that we went back to the Disabled parking permit people and explained the problem and I have my permit. The woman has had similar problems and even saw the same dr (aka jerk) that I just came from (she shares my opinion of him). She remembered how frustrating it was and how overwhelming. I sat and cried in her office and she was very supportive.

So I now have a temporary parking permit (that is accepted internationally - I didn't know that) and I picked up an application for a folding wheelchair (in case it gets to that - and some days it does) because who knows how long it will take them to figure out the problem and hopefully find a solution

One thing the neuro did want my doctor to check was rheumatoid arthritis - not a good sign

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Lady Lee, I'm sorry it was a frustrating morning for you! I have plantar fascitis and a Morton's neuroma too, but I don't think it's as bad as yours. Mine flare up periodically and merely cause me to cuss and walk like Festis from "Gunsmoke" for a while. I've seen a few doctors and have been told that if it gets too bad they can operate on both problems to relieve the pain, but so far it's not THAT bad. I'm also looking into acupuncture to see if that will help.

Stupid doctors.

Nina

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Sounds like total hell you're going through. Waiting for answers can be incredibly frustrating, especially when you have absolutely no clue what's going on. Hope you get some answers soon. Take good care Lady Lee and may jehovah bless your efforts in getting to the meetings and out on field service.

Are you up for a meetup this month?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

(((((((((((((((LADY LEE))))))))))))))))))))

Yiz

• Prudence
    Prudence

Lady Lee,

I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are having, and the jerk doctor (another royal pain in my book).

The temporay parking permit sounds more encouraging doesn't it? The folding -chair is good idea for the extra support you need at times,

unlike the doctor (oh, did I say that?) I hope they can figure out what is going on soon. I will be thinking of you.

Love, Prudence

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG Cruzan I can so relate to the "walking like Festus" comments - too funny - that is it exactly. I hope that it never gets this bad for you.

Nos - not sure yet but I hope to be there - have signed up for the Second Cup on Corydon

Prudence and Yiz - thanks a lot

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I think I've seen the same doctor. Several times.

I'm sorry LL, it's bad enough having the physical troubles, but it's even worse having to fight your way through the bureacracy. So where are all those TV doctors anyway?

Take care,

Chris

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

((((Lady Lee))))) It just makes me feel awful to hear you even use the word "wheelchair".... You are such a kind person, you have put so much effort into this board, and shared yourself with so many people. I am so happy to see that your spirits are high... and no matter what happens I hope they continue to be positive.

I hope you have a good night... and a wonderful day tomorrow. We are still thinking about you, and no matter what, I believe you are one of the most deserving people I have ever come across.

You just write me any time. You have my e-mail. Anything my wife and I can do, or send you, just say the word.

----puttytat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit