FB experience

by WasOnceBlind 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    So on last Saturday, one of my good child hood friends (I consider her like a real sister) who is DA posted on Facebook that she was going to be having a birthday party for her son. Well another person we grew up with immediately posted a comment about how she should know better then to celebrate bdays and referenced 2 Peter 2:20-22 (about being like a dog turning to its own vomit). I countered with with Luke 11:37-49 and didn't hear back. It really makes me mad at how relf righteous these people think they are.
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Pharisees indeed...

Colossians 2:16 would also be appropriate: Let no one judge...which festivals you celebrate.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Really, what can be so absolutely bad about celebrating life, right?

What if those two abominous kings that the WT loves to talk about ("they KILLED people on their birthday, so don't be celebrating birthdays") had killed people on their"anniversaey"? Hmmmm?

I think we would still be able to celebrate our marriages, right?

Just because those two kings did terribly murderous things, did all the other of hundreds of kings do so? Why cant we copy the nice kings?

Pharisees, who love to make rules, control people... They love their power!

Let's love our kids! ; - )

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I wonder what day is Jehovah's birthday - you can be sure he's killed someone on his birthday. He's done it practically every other day of the year.

Boy I'm bored.....

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I don't know the workings of FB, but don't you have to be "friends" with someone for them to post on your FB? And why would a JW be friends with one who is DA? Well maybe the normal people who sees that posting will realize what nut jobs they are, comparing a child's birthday celebration to dogs vomit!
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Just another JW asshole sucking all the joy out of life (jealous that someone is enjoying a birthday because, of course, they can't celebrate their own). I'd rather be a dog eating vomit than a JW lapping up the GB's crap.

Ugh...FB.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We know several still in JW's who celebrate birthdays. They may not come right out and say happy birthday but they do make a big deal of birthdays. They make phone calls the day of your birthday, give gifts and take that person out for a "special" dinner. Hypocrites!
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    I countered with with Luke 11:37-49 and didn't hear back.- WOB

I can see your perspective here. I looked up the scriptures. I can see why you are calling the FB poster a Pharasee, but I would have gone with a different approach. You may have got a response and some dialogue if you had tried to reason with them. Personally I feel name calling is unproductive and it feeds into their persecution complex. If just JWs were doing the name calling they may look at themselves a little closer.

Having said all of this, at least you stood up for your friend the way you thought best.

Kate xx

• prologos
    prologos
    good comments and suggestions, but why would god hate birthdays??? because he is a jealous god, and his special day comes only every 365 000 years. and blowing out an indefinite no of candles for eternity really sucks, and blows.
  • WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    KateWild
    I can see your perspective here. I looked up the scriptures. I can see why you are calling the FB poster a Pharasee, but I would have gone with a different approach. You may have got a response and some dialogue if you had tried to reason with them. Personally I feel name calling is unproductive and it feeds into their persecution complex. If just JWs were doing the name calling they may look at themselves a little closer.

I actually didn't call him anything. He referenced a scripture and I just said "I prefer Luke 11:37-49." If anything I was applying that to the WT, the organization who imitates the pharisees by "going beyond what is written" and forcing all these additional rules on the people they control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit