For those of you who've watched the Witnesses documentary, let's suppose for a moment that...

by My Name is of No Consequence 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

For those of you who've watched the Witnesses documentary, let's suppose for a moment that the org was forced to make their database of abusers available to the courts. If this database is as detailed and meticulous as it is claimed, how in the world could the org (in its present form) survive that? Assuming they don't go bankrupt after all of the new abuse claims, would they go underground, shut down the kingdom halls, stop the preaching? I'm sure that many of the cases would be out by the statue of limitations, but at least names and places would be out there.

What are your thoughts?

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Some appointed men no longer irreprehensble , the abusers and those who failed to report it.

If they change the statue of limitations then the police would be very busy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

, how in the world could the org (in its present form) survive that?

Oh they will try count on it , they have hundreds of millions banked up which they were going to use on new building developments, they would be forced to use those funds to fight any forth coming law suits.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They’d be at serious risk. That’s one of the reasons I was so surprised to see how they set themselves up in NY Warwick and more recently, that letter from England where they want to centralize everything. I don’t get it. I really don’t.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They believe that Jehovah would never let those documents released to the open public.

After all Jehovah has control over the courts system and he's just using Satan to test the organization.

Besides since they instructed all congregations to burn any printed documents involving members who were pointed out as sexually abusing children, they feel confident that little harm will come of it in the long run.

Jehovah will always stand up to protect his chosen earthly organization when necessary.

• Spiral
    Spiral

@StephaneLaliberte, I agree.

Why are they even keeping that information? I'd think it would be time to hit the delete button. (Although no one would believe that ever really happened.)

Does anyone know?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    let's suppose for a moment that the org was forced to make their database of abusers available to the courts.

Who said it isn't. The problem is, to this point, the investigations have been either 1) Administrative in nature (e.g. government spearheaded, but not a criminal investigation by law enforcement) or, 2) a civil action taken by victim or victims.

My understanding is that the Attorney General's Office of the State of New Jersey is officially launching a criminal investigation into the Watchtower for it's policy of not reporting child sex abuse to law enforcement authorities, which is a crime in many state in the US. Once that agency has sufficient probable cause, a Search Warrant signed by a state judge in New Jersey will fix all that. Literally, the AG's Office investigators will show up and take the Watchtower's servers by force. When I say servers I mean ever device capable of holding digital data.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's interesting that records of judicial actions in the congregation are to be destroyed after 5 years. (I destroyed my own envelope when I became an elder). It was a pleasure to do so. I thought it was a sick practice. Many envelopes had the reason for expulsion written on the outside of the envelope, what the hell?!!!

Why wouldn't they do the same with the P database? Seems they would since they evidently don't do anything with the information.

• truth_b_known
  • LV101
    LV101

I believe Mr. Zalkin has received many database files from WT - he has locked, file-cabinets, of them. That's progress, however, I don't know how many. He's under court order not to discuss but obviously reads/reviews for his cases. WT database files are confidential but don't think that means sealed. Religion and it's freedom to run on people - amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit