The Memorial was Useless

by cookiemaster 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The one thing I remember about the memorial was as soon as the amen was said the hall empty to just a handful within minutes. I always found that quite odd. It was like thats all the audience could stomach and they had to get out of there before they through-up. Thats the biggest thing I remember. Still Totally ADD

• Chook
    Chook

For all their entrapment abilities I’m surprised they don’t have a brochure with a picture of wine offering full moon drinks and crackers.

• dozy
    dozy

I often thought the Society should do a lot more to "market" the Memorial and make it more interesting. Maybe have some tea/coffee and biscuits afterward. Or perhaps ( nowadays ) a video showing. Something. Anything. It was just such a boring meeting and a huge wasted opportunity. Yes - everybody is on their best behaviour and the "love bombing" dial is turned up to maximum. The grumpy elder who normally just ignores you and grunts at people is glad handing people like Ronald McDonald. But there has to be more than that.

Myself and my wife made a massive effort one year to invite all our route calls and 3 or 4 actually turned up , to our amazement. But they all seemed totally nonplussed at the whole event and never returned. One of my calls was very honest & told me later that he found it rather confusing and a bit of a pointless evening.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dozy often thought the Society should do a lot more to "market" the Memorial and make it more interesting. Maybe have some tea/coffee and biscuits afterward.

Yeeeees a big ol’ Cook out as southern Americans call it. Why don’t they at least have a meal, then allow the anointed to have their crackers and wine if they wish.

At least re create the real event and give ‘em something to look forward to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit