2 Requests: 2019 October German Elders Manual--2017 Watchtower Scan of Elderly Sister!

by Atlantis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Two requests we received for:

2019-October-German-Elders-Manual

Watchtower-2017-January-Study-Edition
    Elderly sister looking in her refrigerator with almost nothing to eat, yet still contributes to contribution box.

Look to your right.

Petra!
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I remember that 2017 Watchtower. Here are missing speech bubbles for the bottom images.

Younger sister to the elderly one, "I'm sat here because I pulled the short straw."

Elder to the woman with wayward children, "they've gone. Now, rewrite your will and leave it all the to the Society."

Elderly woman putting money in box, "this is the last time I do this, it doesn't feel right."

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Anna Marina:

it doesn't feel right."

-------------------------

I would agree with you on that point. Poor old sister, looks like there isn't any food in the house and still expected to contribute.

There seems to be no low the Watchtower won't stoop to when the subject comes to money. Thank you!

Petra!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Really. Encouraging a senior to give away their money when they don't have enough for themselves is elder abuse.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Petra

No there is no low.

I may have mentioned this here before, but one very loyal sister put an extra 0 on a cheque by mistake. Money was immediately taken out of her account but actually she needed that money. A request was promptly made for the money to be returned. She's still waiting for the money. Meantime this one who is in her 90s has been feeling suicidal because of this. I believe it is well over a year since the money was taken. For a Christian, it would be reflex to return the money, or even to never have taken it without carefully checking whether it was in her best interests to donate such a large amount.

Day of future passed

Yes it is elder abuse. Love of money is the root of all evil and by actions like this the Watchtower show whose side they are really on.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

This is kind of similar to the Egyptian Pharaohs telling the Israelite slaves to make twice as many bricks but they had to get their materials also.

I know with myself, when I was in full-time service in construction and they wanted us also to auxiliary pioneer twice a year and then we're being heavy-handed by the branch that I just said enough is enough. I packed a small bag, purchased two tickets home for me and my wife and left. I never contributed anything financially again and eventually quickly faded and never looked back.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

You were wise Sigfrid.

This sort of pressure can put strains on your health. When the KH of my ex-cong (I got throw out) was being rennovated, one of the brothers taking the lead was so harsh he was nick-name Pharaoh.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PETRA:

That depiction of the elderly lady in the literature looking into an empty refrigerator made me angry. This needy old lady should be getting food from her local food back. What she should NOT be doing, in my opinion, is giving money away to anybody!

ANNA MARINA:

What an awful story you tell about this elderly lady who supposedly wrote a check to the religion in the wrong amount. You say she put an extra zero. I assume this differs from the written amount. Well, this check should never have been cashed. You say she cannot get her money back?

I would think a lady her age would have children helping to oversee things so that something like this didn’t happen.. Looking back in time:..now I know why certain elderly ladies in the congregation had their families move them to unknown locations so they could not be persuaded to give money away to whoever..I know I WOULD BE as vigilant if this were my aged parent!..Her family should be working to get the monies returned from what sounds like an error!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

LongHairGal - Yes, children plus some - all to no avail so far.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

That picture of the elderly widow also made me furious.

They totally twisted Jesus’ story of the “Widows mite”. The point that Jesus was making was to shame the rich priests who blew their own trumpet...not to encourage the poor to donate more!!

Jesus kept a poor box. Whatever you believe, that much is almost certainly true. Where is Watchtower’s poor box that they may contribute to the poor??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit