Are JWs now encouraged to volunteer?

by Athanasius 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I was a foster parent for a few years, if that counts for anything.
  • loneranger
    loneranger
    CO once said in a talk..."Helping any worldly organization to provide aid in this system is "like putting a band aid on a cancer patient"...that was 30 years ago...sick...
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Foster parent in my area that was the thing to do, we were foster parent for a minute.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS aims to occupy all the time any one JW has available. That some of them break away to do some real actual 'good' in society is commending, but definitely an act of rebellion against the Org.

Believe you me, if one was do every single thing required of a true JW, one would need to add hours to each day. These jerks just pile up so much for a JW to do in order to feel at peace in the mind.

It's just ridiculous!

DY

• careful
    careful
    I knew a pioneer couple who volunteered at a local food co-op. I belonged too and they did not use their time there to witness. Rather they just did work there handling food, filling bins, etc.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I never knew any JW's who volunteered to do anything except myself. Not to be self righteous or anything, that's just the way it was.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Me too, Faye - so then we are 2.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Interesting loneranger,

I used to say, "giving someone a magazine when it was obvious they needed real food was like giving your son a rock for dinner."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit