Just heard from someone who was just in Cozumel that there are 9 Kingdom Halls in about a mile zone.

by Butyoucanneverleave 18 Replies latest social current

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LostGeneration- "...we really need more emoticons on the board, I need music notes..."

Click on the "Emoji's supported" link just below the post entry window.

It'll bring you here: http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/

Scroll down to just below the pink hearts.

You'll find these: :notes: :musical_note:

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh yeah, the big growth is happening within the Spanish countries; the Caribbean islands are exploding with growth, so many KHs need to be built and assembly halls. However, the Spanish youngsters here in the USA are exiting as soon as they safely can because the www is opening their eyes.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Does this count the people that come down and have homes in the area during the winter...called snowbirds in the US?

I know some vacation areas in my state go up from 10,000 year round to 150,000 in the summer.

• sir82
    sir82

Why do I have a feeling that probably 70-80% of those who attend the Kingdom Halls there are wealthy US & Canadian ex-pats who are "serving where the need is greater"?

I'd further be willing to bet that over 50% of the people whose "mother tongue" is English, who live in Cozumel, are JWs. Probably each English congregation has a territory of about 50 houses.

Just curious - can't quite figure it out - why do these do-gooders always pick Cozumel, or Costa Rica, or Bermuda, to serve? Why does no one ever go to say, Bangladesh or Papua New Guinea or Angola?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Yes i wonder if there's a line of folks to serve in Antarctica.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I know for a fact that there are fewer and fewer KHs (and congregations) in northern Alberta and BC these days.

Maybe they're migrating. :smirk:

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sir82, I know your question was rhetorical but it's probably the same reason why a lot of dubs in industrialized nations drive nice cars, live in nice homes and have nice clothes.

Being a witness makes them feel better than everyone else because they feel superior in their knowledge of world events but economically they like to blend in.

just my 2 cents.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Mexico is cheaper than the US and much closer than angola. It also has more modern amenities than, say, Bangladesh. They still have squat toilets most everywhere there.
  • prologos
    prologos
    The need is greater, whose needs? the need to escape the cold, the expense, the need for another prestigious feather in the crown, " serve there--". Bsw, how is the surfing there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit