Is there any recent information about Watchtower owning 50% of Rand Cam Engine Corp & REGI Technologies?

by AndersonsInfo 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Please, recent information is needed about this subject discussed some 12-years ago here on JWN?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/85323/watchtower-society-50-share-holder-military-company?page=1&size=10

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

With all Your background, You don't really believe that, do You?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With all Your background, You don't really believe that, do You?.....TheOldHippie

Image result for stupid question

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't know of any recent Info but here's some past info.

On this web site....

https://masonemerson.freeyellow.com/christianwitnessescom/id324.html

• JeffT
    JeffT

I just did some googling and these reports don't add up. The links say its a privately held company, and then cite SEC reports showing the ownership. But the SEC doesn't report on privately held companies. Some of the information says the company is registered in Oregon, but the secretary of state's website has no information on it. I can't find a website for Rand Cam. REG Technologies seems to be registered in Gig Harbor WA, not far from where I live. I'll see what I can find out when I get back from work.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Here's the official SEC background information from 2002 where it lists Watchtower on page 26 as a shareholder having over 5 million shares or 44.94% stock.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/922330/000106299302000371/form10k.txt

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes, I see in the 2002 report, on pages. 26 and 27 the information I pasted below about the Watchtower's ownership (wish there was a more recent report though, but thank you folks):

Page 26

Name Class A Shares Owned Percentage of
    Class A Shares
    Owned

John G. Robertson, Chairman of the Board 5,781,350 51.22%
    of Directors, President and Director (1) (2)
    The Watchtower Society (3) 5,073,200 44.94%
    James McCann (4) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Rand Energy Group Inc. (5) 5,073,200 44.94%
    Jennifer Lorette, Vice President and Director 85,500 *
    (6)
    James Vandeberg, Chief Operating Officer 76,000 *
    and Director (7)
    Patrick Badgley, Vice President, Research 75,000 *
    and Development and Director (8)

ALL EXECUTIVE OFFICERS & 6,017,850 53.31%
    DIRECTORS AS A GROUP (FOUR
    INDIVIDUALS) (9)
    </TABLE>

Except as noted below, all shares are held beneficially and of record and each
    record shareholder has sole voting and investment power.

*Less than one percent of the issued and outstanding on July 31, 2002 which was

(1) These individuals may be deemed to be our "parents or founders" as that term
    is defined in the Rules and Regulations promulgated under the Securities Act of

(2) Includes 5,073,200 shares registered in the name of Rand Energy Group Inc.
    See Note (5) below for an explanation of the beneficial ownership of Rand Energy
    Group Inc. Mr. Robertson disclaims beneficial ownership of these shares beyond
    the extent of his pecuniary interest. Also includes 700,000 options that are
    currently exercisable. Mr. Robertson's address is the same as the Company's.

(3) Includes 5,073,200 shares registered in the name of Rand Energy Group Inc.
    See Note (5) below for an explanation of the beneficial ownership of Rand Energy
    Group Inc.

(4) Includes 5,073,200 shares registered in the name of Rand Energy Group Inc.
    Group Inc.

(5) Rand Energy Group Inc. is owned 51% by Reg Technologies Inc. and 49% by
    Rand Cam Engine Corp. Under Rule 13d-3 under the Securities Exchange Act of
    1934, both Reg Technologies Inc. and Rand Cam Engine Corp. could be considered
    the beneficial owner of the 5,073,200 shares registered in the name of Rand
    Energy Group Inc.

Reg Technologies Inc. is a British Columbia corporation listed on the Canadian
    Venture Exchange that has financed the research on the Rand Cam Engine since
    1986. Since October 1984 Mr. Robertson has been President and a Director of Reg
    Technologies Inc. SMR Investment Ltd., a British Columbia corporation, holds a
    controlling interest in Reg Technologies Inc. Since May 1977 Mr. Robertson has

<PAGE>
    Page 27

been President and a member of the Board of Directors of SMR Investments Ltd.
    Susanne M. Robertson, Mr. Robertson's wife, owns SMR Investment Ltd.
    Accordingly, in Note (2) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,073,200 shares
    registered in the name of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to Mr.
    Robertson. We believe it would be misleading and not provide clear disclosure to
    list as beneficial owners in the table the other entities and persons discussed
    in this paragraph, although a strict reading of Rule 13d-3 under the Securities
    Exchange Act of 1934 might require each such entity and person to be listed in
    the beneficial ownership table.

Rand Cam Engine Corp. is a privately held company whose stock is reportedly
    owned 50% by The Watchtower Society, a religious organization, 34% by James
    McCann and the balance by several other shareholders. Mr. McCann has indicated
    that he donated the shares held by The Watchtower Society to that organization
    but has retained a voting proxy for those shares. Accordingly, in Notes (3) and
    (4) above, beneficial ownership of the 5,073,200 shares registered in the name
    of Rand Energy Group Inc. has been attributed to The Watchtower Society and Mr.
    McCann.
    We believe it would be misleading and not provide clear disclosure to
    list as beneficial owners in the table the other entities and persons discussed
    in this paragraph, although a strict reading of Rule 13d-3 under the Securities
    Exchange Act of 1934 might require each such entity and person to be listed in
    the beneficial ownership table.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From Reuters 3 days ago. No mention of the org having any shareholding.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol=RGUS.PK&WTmodLOC=C4-Officers-5

• JHK
    JHK
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I've been rooting around the web trying to dig up some information, here's what I found.

Rand Cam was formed by some JW's in British Columbia (led by a man named Robertson and/or his family), to develop and market the "Rad Max" Engine. Link with spiffy graphics here Link This engine is not as revolutionary as they make it sound, lots of people have tried (and failed) with similar designs. another link There's a reason you've never heard of these: they don't work very well.

Rand Cam is now owned by something called REGI Technology, based in Spokane, WA. There website has lots of breathless talk about the technology, but no reported sales. They don't have any contracts with the military, or anybody else that I can find.

The WTBS claims the SEC filing showing them owning five million shares is a mistake. Here is my speculation about what might have happened:

I can’t tell from public information if the SEC paperwork listing the WTBS has an owner was 1) a mistake, 2) a purchase, or 3) a gift from the Robertson’s. It is possible they donated the shares to either curry favor with somebody or gain a significant tax write-off (or both).

In any event, the WTBS probably never made any money off this (the stock is selling for six cents a share, i.e. its worthless) and does not now own the stock. In other words for the XJW community I don’t think there is any story here, beyond the possibility that the Robertson's were either conned into buying a worthless patent, or they were scamming somebody with worthless stock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit