New witness a bit lost

by purelove20 14 Replies latest social relationships

• purelove20
    purelove20

Not sure it's ok to post here about that. Im sorry if i'm wrong but i'm just trying to find my way and meet people that could help me become a good witness. I recently discovered my faith as a witness. The more i read, the more I want to be involved and dedicate myself to it. I hope to find love and marriage too. Thank you

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It would be good to do a lot of research about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society before you fully commit. My regret is that my husband and I did not do that, in 1985 when we began to study with the witnesses. Now with the internet it is much easier to discover all the problems this religion has. You might start with jwfacts.com

For me the last straw was when I discovered the way child sexual abuse is addressed in the religion. That is something you have to ask yourself: Can I be part of an organization that protects pedophiles; does not report child sexual abuse to child protection authorities; shuns victims when they decide to report; disfellowships ones who have told other congregation members that a pedophile is in the midst of the Kingdom Hall.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a high control religion. Before you join, read what has happened to thousands of people and how their lives were very badly affected. Once you get baptized, you may be disfellowshiped and shunned if you change your mind. Take your time, and be sure. I wish I had done so. There is no need to rush into baptism. Take your time.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

This website is not the place to shoe-in a new Witness. Nonetheless, hopefully you can find kindness here.

I remember when I got baptized. I thought for sure this was the true religion. However, as I aged, and experienced this religion every which way I could, I ended up leaving. I saw the good and the ugly.

If you are young, I urge you to keep your mind open. And don't let anyone take away your independent thinking. The WT condemns independent thinking. And they are experts in controlling people. I have a large family which are still active in the religion. Because I left voluntarily (by way of disassociation), the WT people and my family has disowned me. They have no idea the amount of suffering I have been through.

Now, almost three decades later, I don't regret leaving the Watchtower. The spirit of WT congregations seems friendly and loving at first. With time, you will find that this is contingent of you staying active in the organization. They make members feel like they are not doing enough. They can always do more. More preaching, more participation in congregation activities, etc. Plus, they are always asking for money, probably more so than other churches, although they don't pass "the plate" around.

Just as quickly as they receive you in, they can pull their "love" from you, like turning the light switch off. You will find this out in time.

The Watchtower operates as a business just as other churches do. They will never admit it. And finally, the Watchtower Society believes in this principle: "Unity at all costs." This guiding principle permeates every facet of the organization. For it, they are willing to deceive governments, and their brotherhood.

Witnesses have some good points in their favor, but their controlling principle gets tiring after time, even if you want to stay put.

In all, I wish you the best! I think it is still possible to serve God within the congregation, but make sure not to let the pharisaical attitude within the congregations affect your mode of thinking.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Run, purelove 20. most of us have learn't the hard way. Do the research before you commit.

The apparent teachings of paradise and peacefull brotherhood are no different to the teachings of living in heaven. It just depends on how any given religion interprets the bible to suit their own agenda.

Take care

jtg

P.S. It's free to get in but you will pay tragically to get out. jwfacts.com is one of the best sources of the REAL truth.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Before you commit yourself to becoming a Jehovah`s Witness do a little research yourself,to save you from a lot of heartache .

Nowhere in the New Testament ,or as the JW`s like to call it the christian Greek scriptures are followers of Jesus ever called upon to be a witness for Jehovah ,nowhere not one scripture.

However their are over twenty scriptures in the New Testament that admonish followers of Jesus Christ to be witnesses of,for,and about Jesus.

In Phillipians 2: 9-10 clearly states that the name Jesus is above every other name in heaven on earth and under the ground, and that every knee should bend to ( in worship )..... not Jehovah.

I was a witness for 33 years and it was the biggest mistake I ever made.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

PURELOVE20 - You have been exposed to the "love" of JW's and that is why you want to join them.

I have sent you a Private Message. See the little green envelope at the top of the page.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Must be the J-W.com version of a Twitter bot. What's next? "I'm a Nigerian Prince who needs help recovering millions of dollars"?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sorry Purelove20 but you unfortunately ran into a commercialized false prophet /publishing cult called the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do diligent research on this organization and you'll find and recognize its corruption and pretentiousness and you'll see its not faithfully adherent to the guidance and direction of Jesus Christ.

Read the bible carefully, particularly Jesus's warning of false Prophets in how to identify them and what to do when you do !

• Giordano
    Giordano

Purelove 20 if you told us that you had become a member of the People's Temple and was planning to join them in Jonestown (please google it if your not familiar with this) I'd be warning you not to go.....think it through...... don't commit to their insanity...... don't drink the Kool-Aid.

By the time Jim Jones got his people gathered around him and these were decent people, family people just like the JW's. Over a period of time he was able to draw them in and condition them to his level of insanity....... he had them practice drinking a pretend poisoned KoolAid because the Authorities were bound to come and separate the parents from their children and other terrible things.

That day came...... sort of. A congressman and a few family members flew into Jonestown to check on their friends and family. Jim Jones went into a mad rant and after his guards shot and killed a number of those visitors he made sure that 907 decent loving people died in one night by drinking the real poison......... many drank it at gun point...... of the 900 who died...... 300 were children.

So what's my point? For the last 73 years the JW's were and still are........ forbidden to get a life saving blood transfusion.....if they opt to save their life and or the life of their child they will be shunned for the rest of their lives. Shunning is a death sentence for a JW.

How many die needlessly or live with pain or have their lives shortened no one knows because the Society will not reveal that information. They characterize a transfusion as eating blood harking back to the sacrificial draining blood from a slaughtered animal.

A blood transfusion is actually a Transplant. Back in the day when Transplants became a necessary medical procedure the Society banned them for some 11 years and called it cannibalism. A new eye was not allowed nor a new heart or liver or kidney. Once again the Society caused needless pain and suffering in pursuit of a doctrine that doesn't exist.

Please do your research. Learn the Truth about the 'truth'. Make your own internet search.....do your own research. You need not visit any 'Apostate site' it's all on line.

Find the most accurate news sites, Mayo Clinic on medical issues, mayor newspapers and university research.

My best wishes for you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

JWs are what is know as a doomsday or end times cult who are well trained to recruit anyone who may be dissatisfied or disillusioned with the world or their own personal situation with promises of a better life or world once the earth is cleansed by all that they and you feel is wrong with it.

They will latch on to anything they think may appeal to you by listening and watching you very carefully whilst they make various statements. It is called "cold reading" (most fraudsters use it) and your reactions will determine what tactic they will use to entice and lure you into their cult. Please check out JWfacts.com or ask questions here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit