The bible teaches that money is the answer for everything!

by EndofMysteries 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Contrary to what the WT teaches, they ignore the wise words of Ecc 10:19 "Ecc 10:19 "A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things."
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I have had very few problems that money didn't solve!

Marina

• talesin
    talesin

Can I guess? That's not from the NWT? I should check my obscure translation, and see what it says. It's kinda interesting, the differences in translations.

I always laugh when people like Oprah say "money doesn't make you happy" - it's true, but poverty can cause a lot of misery, too. *Enough* money to eat well, and live safely, can make all the difference in the world, and easier to choose happiness.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Money only provides the comforts of life...I know lots of folks that have money....they make a lot & spend the rest of it in a shrinks office...telling them..." I thought money would make me happy". When the lights go out & you are sleeping in your beautiful bed & nice place....what then ?

Oprah, umm...that's funny, all folks that have money says it doesn't make you happy, but would they get rid of it..No way...Oprah will have a show about shoes or whatever & say...You've got to have these....they are a must....mostly she's talking about shoes...again, saying....This is a must in your closet....next show..."Why are you in debt"....or how to get out of debt. Oprah, you told us to buy these must have shoes..Duh?

Ever notice the bible was written by rich Jewish men....The poor are only spoken of in passing (not even the mention of a name). Or that they will always be with us....Guess books are never written by poor folks..

Paul said he is good whether he has a lot or a little...Paul was a rich person before God got to him...no doubt he had money saved.....we never heard that he ever missed a meal, well maybe when he was stuck in water...ummm

Tor

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Money doesn't guarantee happiness but it definitely enables it. So there'll be plenty of rich, unhappy people, but proportionally fewer than unhappy poor people. A number of studies have shown this to be true.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I always laugh when people like Oprah say "money doesn't make you happy"

I wonder if they'd be will to give it all away to charity so they could prove their point?

One thing that I think is universally accepted is that POVERTY DOESN'T MAKE YOU HAPPY, either. In fact, poverty can't buy anything!

I love the quote I saw in a greeting card: "Money doesn't bring you happiness - The Beer Truck brings happiness!"

Doc

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Money doesn't buy happiness, it buys options that can bring happiness.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I always laugh when people like Oprah say "money doesn't make you happy"

Money buys food and shelter. It fills your stomach and keeps you warm. Food and shelter make people happy.

I have noticed that the people who say "money doesn't make you happy" are the ones who are going to be eating that night and sleeping in a warm bed.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Money only buys happiness up to $75,000 in annual income. After that people's subjective feelings of happiness don't increase.

It's an actual study. I'll try to find the reference.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Deaton and Kahneman 2008/2009

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit