Does Anybody Here Pray To God?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No, I don't pray to anyone.

The only exception to this is about three or four years ago, when I saw a nurse kneeling by the side of the road. I walked over and she asked me to help her lift a cat into the back of her car. The cat had been hit by a car and she wanted to take it to the vets and save its life. It didn't respond when she touched the corner of its eye. It didn't look like it was breathing or had any other signs of life. I helped her, then walked away and said a prayer for the first time in years and years. I figured the cat needed all the help it could get, and if God doesn't hear prayers/there is no God, well, it couldn't have done any harm.

• minimus
    minimus

I think a lot of people who may say they don’t pray would pray if they were on a plane and the plane ran into engine trouble.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If I was in a plane that had engine trouble, I'd call my wife and thank her for the life she gave me.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    So far one god, one Buddha

Minimus - That was a "no" for me. The Buddha stated it is better to do go things and strive for your goals through action rather than pray for the outcome you want.

• Ding
    Ding

Yes

• minimus
    minimus

Truth thanks for your clarification

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    min - I think a lot of people who may say they don’t pray would pray if they were on a plane and the plane ran into engine trouble.

Nah. Still wouldn't.

The only time I call out, 'Oh, god, oh, god!' is when I'm doing a Matt Hancock with a decent filly in the cupboard.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Does Anybody Here Pray To God?

Who else would you pray to?

• Nobleheart1
    Nobleheart1

I do, been out 10 years.

My relationship and faith deepened and took on another meaning after leaving the guilt trip filled JW life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit