Have You Ever Been Scammed?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I have never been scammed, although I am still waiting for that $10,000,000 US payout that I was promised if only I gave my Social security number, address, date of birth, bank routing and account number to that nice prince from Nigeria so he could deposit it directly into my account, which for some reason now is overdrawn.

• minimus
    minimus

Gullible people

• LV101
    LV101

It's sad - I hear of lots of elderly people here almost being bamboozled re/their family member in Mexican jail - wire money - this has actually happened to people I know of and they've wired money. The IRS/Social Security calls really scare some seniors. My mom had someone showing up at her door asking for a check for big prize she'd won - that was fun. Had to hire detective to sit outside her house until I could get she/husband out of it for awhile. Lots of crazy - she called a tow truck one day -- they took the car alright and gave them no receipt/nothing - a Mercedes disappeared! Car didn't surface at any of the garages within 10-15 miles. The schemes on the elderly are really interesting so prepare now for old age.

With age many become gullible and vulnerable - it's real.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sometimes I get a call from Nicole from NBN Broadband 4-5 times a day saying that my internet connection will be cut off in 24 hours if......and thats when I used to hang up .

Now as soon as I hear Nicole ,I put the phone down .

I`m registered on the do not call site ,yet I still get these calls ?

They say they can`t cover them all or some such thing and just say to me just hang up when you get these calls ?

Whats the point of a do not call register you sign onto when they cant block the do not call people ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit