Have You Ever Been Scammed?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Of course we all were scammed while we were Jehovah’s Witnesses. I’m thinking of ways besides religion.

A popular scam is to get a call from your electric company saying they overbilled you and needed to verify your name, address and social security number. Then they will send you your money back. Lol

• Biahi
    Biahi

I get these calls all the time, love especially the IRS scammers from India. Never fell for any of it, though.

• minimus
    minimus

I generally get 4 or 5 cell phone calls per day that my phone advises me is fraudulent. At work I get probably 2 or 3 . 👎🏿

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

The second biggest scam for me (not counting the WT) was my sister. I always believed that as family, we would look out for each other. Also, that she wouldn't lie to me. Wrong on those two as well as many others.

• stillin
    stillin

My wife scammed me into marrying her.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

The biggest JW scammer of all times was Dave Del Dotto who in the 80,s and 90,s was a multi marketing tv guru who promoted no money down real estate books and tapes on 30 minute infocommercials late nite. He got me as a gullible fool cause I saw him at the kingdom hall with his huge diamond rings and mercedes. He later filed for bankruptcy himself and moved into the vineyard business in Napa. Opened my eyes though to this corrupt organization and those in charge that he got away with these schinagigans.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Things people tried to scam me on, but I didn't fall for; IRS, Social Security, Electric Bill, Microsoft.

With Microsoft, I had just bought a new computer and just got it all put together. Not even 45 minutes later I got a phone call from a guy with a thick Indian accent saying that my computer had been compromised. I replied just before I hung up on him, "Dude I don't even own a computer,"

With the IRS, they kept calling me, I kept hanging up. I did though go to my local IRS and talked to them in person. After taking my information, they said that I was good and didn't own anything. After that, I did a trace on the number and called their local police department, in Arizona, and made a police report. I haven't heard another word from them since, and that was over 5 years ago.

I did though fall for one scam, but only once. I thought it was a job that would allow me to work from home, but ended up loosing a little bit of cash instead.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I am a skeptical sort so mostly no. Used cars are a grey area.

I do have a chance right now to get a M1 carbine that will shoot 1 inch at several thousand yards. For you non gun people the .30 carbine has an affective effective range of 300 yards and max at something like 2500 but you couldnt hit a barn on purpose

• minimus
    minimus

Dave Del Dotto... tell me more about him please.

• minimus
    minimus

I just read up on old Dave the scammer! Supposedly most of the vineyard workers are all JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit