Watchtower Farms

by Lostandfound 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

With the ending of large scale catering at all Bethels what has happened to the Farms?

I may have missed this but cannot find any reference to them. Or are they producing delicacies for the private kitchens serving the elite?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Should of course be Bethels but Ethel's makes as much sense,

cant seem to edit it

• tiki
    tiki
    What happened to Patterson? They had gardens and livestock there, didn't they?
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    It's been years since they have produced the majority of the food used for the US Branch. There's also no private kitchens for the elite. not sure where you got that idea.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I was recently talking to a couple of Bethelites and they were raving about the work being done at Warwick and how important it was to support it financially. I asked, "If they had all that extra unused land at Walkill and Patterson, why did they need to spend all that money on Warwick and, yet again, only use a small percentage of that land they purchased for 7-8 figures? Why not build it on the hundreds/thousands of open acres of land they already own in NY State?" They got a really confused look on their faces and quickly changed the subject.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Barrolds Bonds

thanjs, comment re elite dining comes from my cynical take on all things WT, though I have a view on the 2 Bedroom apartments and kitchens being offered to the GB at new HQ.

WT.org still has reference to farm and its 50 years of working. Re new dining/meal arrangements not much information though I do recall more of a canteen / takeaway arrangement in place.

UK farm, although I know buying from suppliers was more efficient in providing much of Bethels needs still have no idea as to the existence or otherwise of farm now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The farms had to be closed.

Too much manure. :smirk:

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I remember visiting Wallkill maybe 10 years ago. My son and I had a good chuckle because everywhere in the factory was stenciled "WTF"

• Divergent
    Divergent
    WTF!!! Seriously??? LOL!!!!!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

WT farms are still operating. They are called Kingdom Halls and they produce a crop of brain-dead WT slaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit