Singing

by skimthesurface 18 Replies latest jw friends

• skimthesurface
    skimthesurface

Despite not wanting to be a JW anymore and not being at meetings for a few months, still have K. Songs coming into my head- both from old and new song books - usually whilst working. Anyone else? How does it make you feel?

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

I catch myself and immediately nip it at the bud. Will sing or hum something else immediately.

It doesn't happen often though.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    Initially it happened to me too however, over a period of time it will eventually fizzle out.
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I don't care I think a lot of them are beautifully written. I still enjoy them. Just a few where the lyrics might really bother me.

• Chook
    Chook

JWs may have got my mind with doctrine but they certainly didn't get those shit tunes in my head. I knew when they got new song book five years ago that either God had no taste in music or that there was delusion in the music room at bethel.

• sparky1
    sparky1

In the modern vernacular you are experiencing what is known as an 'earworm' or 'stuck song syndrome.'

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Even after decades they worked for me: No. 108 (old) /1984 Jehovahs word is faithful.
    Please joyfully (kidding) "Just as the raaiiin that faaaa: alllss from heeea ven...."

Dozens differenet of the melodies come up from time to time. I was a passionate singer back than. That doesnt scare me today. I even on the way to the hall in the bus and train had earphones and listened to the first old kingdom cassettes, I had an expensive walkman of Toshiba and repeated them endlessly.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Okay, TheWonderofYou you're singing that song to the wrong tune.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I do at times, it just comes ad goes .

• Simon
    Simon

Every time Germany win's something, we get song number [whatever it was]. Bloody Germans! (and F1 + Mercedes = every Grand Prix almost guaranteed).

I sometimes sing kingdom songs, but then I also have a repertoire of current and past (like "shake and vac" past) advertising and TV show jingles that I like to share with the world ("The LOOOOOOVE Boat ... Soon you'll be taking another cruise ... tra la la laaa").

Yep, me crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit