Samson and Delilah...A Hollywood movie written in Bible times

by RULES & REGULATIONS 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY BIBLE WRITERS...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS UP!

Who needs Hollywood scriptwriters when you already have a Bible story that has drama, suspense, and unbelievable twists and turns? Imagine the story of a man who visits prostitutes, kills a 1,000 man army with a skull bone, kills a lion with his bare hands, loses his strength by getting a haircut, gets his eyes gouged out, works at a grain mill and tears down columns with his bare hands, killing himself and the Philistines!

The biblical account states that Samson was a Nazirite and that he was given immense strength to aid him against his enemies and allow him to perform superhuman feats, including slaying a lion with his bare hands and massacring an entire army of Philistines (1,000 men ) using only the jawbone of a donkey. However, if Samson's long hair were cut, then his Nazirite vow would be violated and he would lose his strength.[
    Samson was betrayed by his lover Delilah, who ordered a servant to cut his hair while he was sleeping and turned him over to his Philistine enemies, who gouged out his eyes and forced him to grind grain in a mill at Gaza. Whilst there his hair began to regrow. When the Philistines took Samson into their temple of Dagon, Samson asked to rest against one of the support pillars; after being granted permission, he prayed to God and miraculously recovered his strength, allowing him to grasp hold of the columns and tear them down, killing himself and all the Philistines with him.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes the ancients such as the Hebrews were quite the dramatic fictional story tellers.

No wonder why there has been so many movies made out these stories.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I loved the part where 1000 Philistine soldiers stood by as Sampson clonked them over the head, one by one with the jaw bone of a donkey.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Not one of them could shoot an arrow or chuck a spear at him?!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Not one of them could shoot an arrow or chuck a spear at him?!

It looks like they all fought Samson with their bare hands, filed one behind the other. Try fighting one-on-one with a strong and crazed madman, swinging and striking you with a jawbone of a donkey!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Where does one get the jawbone of an ass anyway?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Jawbones were laying all over then. If I can piggy back; I was musing about david and Jonathan standing bback to back and fighting. Philistines must have been slow learners.

There is sex and intrigue in both stories

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What about samson capturing 300 foxes ,tying their tales together setting them alight to burn down the fields of the Philistines ?

Of course the magician Jehovah just led the foxes to Samson just as he led all of the beasts of the field to Noah .

• tiki
    tiki

Petezahut......your post has me Laughing my fool head off....pop pop goes the jawbone....and 1000 whacks and all those broken skulls but that blessed jawbone nary a chip?

The fox one is just plain bizarre....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I loved the part where 1000 Philistine soldiers stood by as Sampson clonked them over the head

Pete ...

Don't mock him for what he did.

I saw Jackie Chan do it numerous times.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit