In Los Angeles today-Facebook LIVE at 11 am PST. The Zalkin Law Firm has big News Conference

by AndersonsInfo 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm hoping this actually does personally shake and totally bring to account each member of the govbod, at long last.

Going by their previous slithering out of it, I am wondering if they'll slither out of this one. I hope not. I hope that this will bring a long overdue change to their child abuse policy in such a way that it makes reporting to the police etc totally compulsory.

Their pathetic response to the press was like, 'Now paedos are bad, umkay.'

• johnamos
    johnamos

Sadly I feel this particular case is all about getting $$$. This was a poorly held press conference.

First thing the lawyers should do if they want to for the first time go after the GB directly, is get their facts straight on the current GB. The picture in the back that they use to represent the current GB has Guy Peirce in it. Guy died a few years ago, so they might want to update that picture and use one with the newest GB member.

My main problem with this case is that they admit that the WTS/elders tell members that they can personally go to the police, but then they say that doesn't happen because JW's are taught not to trust the authorities in Satan's world and they would be bringing reproach on Jehovah, so they don't end up reporting it based on that.

Well here is the thing...they said the abuse started on Kevin at age 6 and after two years at age 8 he told his parents and elders. Said elders did disfellowship the abuser but didn't tell the police.

Okay….but shortly after making that statement they said that Kevin's family were not JW's, so my question is, why didn't his parents go to the police? They can not use the: "taught not to trust the authorities in Satan's world and they would be bringing reproach on Jehovah" argument here.

So they can't use that and because the elders did disfellowship the abuser, they can't bring up the two-witness rule here either.

This case here falls on the parents/family and not on the WTS/GB and it will only serve to strengthen the WTS/GB defense.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Yes this huge! There are breaking news with this law firm. Some great recent interviews on YouTube about what is about to happen.

Never before have the governing body been personally been sued and be made to be held accountable the great child abuse cover up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    keinkezard - "..."what will becomes JW if the WT / CC fall ?"

Did you mean, "What will become of the JWs of the WTS and/or GB fall?"

If so, and you meant "individual Jehovah's Witnesses", the answer is, "they will be free".

If you meant "Jehovah's Witnesses" as a religious organization, the answer is "who gives a shit?"

• waton
    waton

In he meantime.-- One of the highest former Vatican officials, a Cardinal, has his picture on the news screens, Mr.Pell of Australia will spend 2 more years in jail for personal child abuse activities.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANDERSONSINFO:

If this bad news for the religion gets as much publicity as I think it might, then at least the most sheltered JWs in a news blackout will come to know about it.

At the very least, more people in the general public will get to know about Jehovah’s Witnesses - even if they were never even curious.

• Corney
    Corney
    For the record, the case (complaint, press release) has apparently been settled last September, which makes it the second molestation lawsuit against Watchtower prosecuted by Zalkin Law Firm in California and settled in or about that month.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

I had a 8 year old school girl get on my school bus with claw marks going down her face. I asked her who did it. She said her step mom, I reported it! No second witness needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit