CO retirement severance?

by road to nowhere 33 Replies latest jw friends

• asp59
    asp59
    Much to say abouth JWs. One thing for sure. Its not an org to become wealthy. Leaders don't live in mansions. Its not built that way. Wish administration would remove does treads. Removes credability from aposta sites.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ASP59:

Oh, I don’t know about that. I don’t think this thread removes credibility from ex-JW sites.

Just because something isn’t known doesn’t mean it can’t exist (secretly) in some form. In addition, it’s long been rumored that COs got gift$ from admiring people in congregations.🙄

My problem is with the whole “people in the religion are going to be taken care of” BS. This is a grossly deceptive urban legend and a sad joke. The religion is not known to give anything. So, the REAL scenario is somebody goes around with an envelope cornering individuals in congregations for money..I had this happen years ago.. I’m glad I’m Out because as somebody who was viewed as an outcast for my full-time job, my answer would now be ‘No’ to these hypocrites.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    How can you explain a guy who is serving the Cult in that high of position whom is supposedly believing and definitely espousing (to others) the concept that The End is "immanent" -- any day now -- but is storing up a shit-ton of CA$H? It seems obvious that he never really believed it.

Well that's a good point. In fact the same can be said about the millions of Jdubs who are saving for their retirement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

REDVIP2000:

It’s not quite the same. A CO is usually pushing poverty and knocking people with full-time jobs like I had back in the day and making remarks like ‘materialistic’ or ‘unspiritual’. Full blown hypocrisy.

That’s why I don’t want to know about anybody who is struggling now who refused to work at a decent job or career back then! Instead, they fell for the bull about full time ministry and how spiritual they were.🙄

It’s nice to know as you say that there are ‘millions’ of JWs saving for their retirement! I highly approve. They won’t have to be going around scrounging for money when retirement time comes. Thankfully, I did not listen to the religion or I would not be retired today!!! I can NEVER forget this and the hateful attitudes engendered in the congregation. Anybody who criticized or labeled me as ‘unspiritual’ because I worked full-time had better go track down their ‘spiritual’ friends for money. I’m not interested in their sob-stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit