CO retirement severance?

by road to nowhere 33 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A friend says the WT gives a substantial sum to retiring COs. He says one bought land and built near him, a desirable rural area. I think it must have been saved green handshake money or inherited.

BTW this man also thinks the GB are the smartest men alive.

• hoser
    hoser

I don’t think the CO’s get anything. Rely on Jah ho vaaah is what those circuit overseers preached and that’s what they should live by.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We have a couple retired co's in the area that just live in apartments.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I know of 2 retired C.O. couples who share a one story 1400' house together...they can't make it on their own...how sad! :-(

I know of another retired C.O. couple who rent an apartment attached to a kingdom hall...this couple also can't manage on their own...how sad! :-(

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

We had a CO in the UK Roddy leave the religion when he kicked up a fuss about a pension...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Oh...I just remembered of another retired C.O. couple on the East Coast who live in someone's basement...Why...because they can't manage on their own...soo sad! 😔

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I knew the family of said retired CO from my childhood and later as adult. Decent people, working class. There had to be inheritance, insurance

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    So that's why the CO's wife would park her body at the exit door at the end of their visit on Sunday, hugging everyone and stuffing envelopes from departing members into her purse 50 years ago.
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My brother is an elder. He told me that his congregation Circuit Overseer had to retire after he turned a certain age. My brother and some other members from his congregation send monthly payments to the Circuit Overseer to help pay for his apartment in Florida.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWGONEBAD:

You mention a CO who supposedly ‘can’t manage on their own’ and you feel ‘sad’.

Well, that’s nice you can feel sad. I’m inclined to feel nothing for them..I remember the visits from the CO intensifying the negative opinion towards me back in the day because I worked full-time. These people had no concept of what it was like to live in the Real world and pay bills! But yet they made stupid remarks about materialism 🙄. They thought everybody should be concerned with their dietary needs and food allergies!

I’m glad I’m not there now for anybody to come up to me on the QT with an envelope asking for $.

I resisted all the pressure back then to quit my job and pioneer. They really put me through the wringer with shunning and labeling..But I am Retired today..Even though half of me wanted to be accepted, I just didn’t do it and I’ll get down on my knees in thankfulness for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit