We Need to Vote God Out of Politics

by Village Idiot 15 Replies latest social current

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    There is no way an atheist, agnostic, or a non-Christian for that matter would ever be elected POTUS. Its maddening how Americans cling to their imaginary friend in the sky.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think this is definitely one thing Americans can learn from us Brits - keep religion out of politics!

Most British politicians keep their beliefs to themselves. When Tony Blair talked about his belief in God, and hitched his wagon to Bush's out-of-control one, the rest of the Labour party no doubt thought Blair was losing his sanity.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Awesome post VI. I would definitely vote for a no god law in politics!

It is my firm opinion this country won't see a Republican POTUS is until they drop their religious rhetoric. This is reflected in the decline of religious people in the US. I just wish the decline would accelerate.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LoveUniHateExams:

Most British politicians keep their beliefs to themselves.

They're more like Thomas Jefferson than US Republicans:

"...on the subject of religion, a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his maker, in which no other, & far less the public had a right to intermeddle."

Thomas Jefferson to Richard Rush, May 31st, 1813. From The Online Library of Liberty: The Writings of Thomas Jefferson - Volume XI, Page 292

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "We need to vote God out of politics..."

Shouldn't be too hard.

I don't think he's even running. :smirk:

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit