• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Watched it, you nailed it!

• Simon
    Simon

Great review - good job.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So he loves his family...his kids, his wife....but on New year's Eve he's in Thailand with sex workers instead of ringing in the New Year with his family.

I'll tell you what depression on New year's looks like...my 38 year old sister in law alone & bawling her eyes out because she's just watched her husband suffer and die horrifically of a nasty cancer leaving her alone to raise their 3 year old daughter. She would give her soul to have her family together on New year's Eve.

I know mental health problems are not just about grief and loss but damn, I've known plenty of depressed people and they can barely go to 'parties' let alone in Thailand. That's not depression it's self pity (especially having people PAY for your holiday and arrange it for you. Kim thought he was going scuba diving, btw, but he calls her out for 'arranging the holiday for him'😳).

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah "mental health" is what people call being uncomfortable at being caught for being a scumbag.

• vienne
    vienne

This is an excellent analysis of Evan's video. Stop supporting him, guys. If you continue, you are supporting someone who is the face of the x-Witness community but who totally fits the watchtower picture of apostates. Is the Watchtower right in questioning the mental health of 'Apostates'?

The question is, do you, as an x-Witness, wish to blindly fit into that picture? Apparently the 100,000 subscribers to his videos do.

• Simon
    Simon
    The question is, do you, as an x-Witness, wish to blindly fit into that picture? Apparently the 100,000 subscribers to his videos do.

Remember: a good number of JWs get kicked out each year because they are just like him - immoral jerks who simply couldn't live up to basic standards of morality. The JW views on sex and marriage are hardly unique, and certainly not onerous, and easily arguably preferable to the opposite extreme.

Little wonder that he finds an audience when he provides those people with a steady diet of "Governing Body BAD, exJWs GOOD!"

So I'm not surprised he's built up a following, he's the McDonalds happy-meal of activism.

Not all exJWs are the same. Not all left because they discovered it was a lie, they may come to that conclusion afterwards and then think they have him to thank for that revelation, but the truth is they didn't leave, they were kicked out, and that grates on them.

It grates on him. All his "activism" has about trying to create a myth that he left for noble reasons, rather than the reality which is he's just a grubby, sleazy little man.

• AFRIKANMAN
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

Good video, with lots of good points.

I am not entirely convinced that his brief breakdown was faked, for this reason- the one moment when he displays grief, it is when he is revisiting a comment he made when he was feeling sorry for himself. More notably, by the time he gets to the part where he claims he couldn't kill himself because of his concern for his wife and children, he has composed himself. No sobs on their behalf.

Honestly, his frequent and instant mood swings makes me think that he either has real mental health issues that he needs to address, or that he has become an old hand at manipulating people. It's an effective way of keeping others on their heels and preventing them from taking a firm stand. If it's the former, he needs to take time away from YouTube (and Phuket) and get in touch with a professional. If it's the latter, I hope his poor wife is ready and able to get free of such a toxic and abusive relationship. Especially with two young children to care for.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

He has been using sex workers for 4 years every 3 months.

Thus he lies to his family during that.

He uses donations for activism work to do so against the stated purpose of Paetron.

He has not apologised for his actions.

He deflects blame to the WT and sexual repression.

He lies on the reason why he went to Thailand.

He laughs, jokes and has no remorse in his video that cannot be called an apology video given no apology.

He says he doesn't know why Kim released the info on him then explains why she did.

Kim released a statement so people could make an informed decision on whether to support him.

He went to literally the sex capital of the world when he admitted he cannot control himself.

How can anyone defend this actions when the very same person is a head figure in a community to fight sex abuse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit