Were You Ever Persecuted While Knocking on Doors?

by Funchback 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• be wise
    be wise

I can only imagine what I looked like 'doing the doors'.

Nowt queerer than folk!

It go's to show how tollerant most people are. TBH, I bet some people loved it - thinking up stuff they could say and laughing their gonads off and us think 'little do they know'

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Once I was persecuted by a bunch of geese at a farmhouse. They let me get up to the door with no problem, but after I knocked and found that no one was home, they ringed me in and I had to dash back to the car with them snapping at my heels all the way.

Oh, you meant persecution by humans? Other than the occasional door slammed in my face, I can't think of much. Occasionally someone would call the cops on us, but once we explained who we were and what we were doing, they pretty much went away and left us alone.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mostly they would just hide and I can't blame 'em for that...woulda done the same if I'd known what I know now....only persecution was from a man who appeared at his door buck nekkid....persecution was in the form of not being able to see him very well through the screen door as the house was too dark inside....<sighs>

Frannie B

• shamus
    shamus
    Oh, you meant persecution by humans? Other than the occasional door slammed in my face, I can't think of much. Occasionally someone would call the cops on us, but once we explained who we were and what we were doing, they pretty much went away and left us alone.

I guess the point here, forgetting the horrible experiences in school, is that this so called "persecution" is not even persecution at all. I absolutley do not understand where this "persecution" is! So what if people get pissed b/c you are at the door - that's normal, duh! That's not persecution! That's being normal.

Jeezus, if that's true, I get persecuted at work when people call in to complain! I am going to sue the begeezus out of them!!!!

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Had a friend get a cup of hot coffee thrown in his face.

• unique1
    unique1

LOL at 00 and New Order

Well I had a gun pulled on me several times! You know the Get Of My Property, can't you read the d@mn sign, people. Then again I live in NC, so what do you expect? One time a guy cleaned his gun while letting me give my presentation, that was disconcerting to say the least.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Had a jerk sick his dog on me once. I carried a 1" steel bar in the bottom of my briefcase for just such events. I licked that mutt up-side the head a good one. He yelped and ran off to the woods. I walked back up to the door and told the jerk that if I ever heard of that happening again I would sick my attorney on him big time,and that for sure I had more money in my pocket than his red-necked ass earned in a year. Just for good measure I had my attorney write a nice letter informing him that I had elected not to sue him at this time but reserved the right to do so at any time during the period allowed by law.

Heard he hid evertime the dubs came to the door after that. Of course the other elders in the hall sure looked at me funny after that since dubs aren't supposed to act like that. To bad for them, it was fun.

• Hamas
    Hamas

No, but I once had a monkey called Skittles.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• SadElder
    SadElder
    No, but I once had a monkey called Skittles.

Hamas - did you spank it???

• shamus
    shamus

Hammas, Sad elder,

LMAO! Way too much!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit