The reality we must face.

by The Rebel 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

My dearest dad is 90 years old today. We are far away, separated by geography, but never will I allow an organisation that indoctrinated false love separate me from my dear dad. I love my dad and we had our differences but never will I allow that organisation take away my love for my dad.

Happy Bithday DAD. I love you.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Rebel:

We are in the same boat and it tears me up. My father is a great man. He did so many wonderful things before he joined the cult. Now that I have found the truth about the Truth, we longer stay in contact as we once had.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's a very nice post. I wish I could say the same about mine. The JW thing is only one of the things that separate us.

Thanks for sharing.

• stillin
    stillin

It's weird. My Dad was already gone when I became a Witness. Part of the appeal of the religion was that I might be there to welcome him back and help to steer him to the pure worship of Jehovah.

Now I don't really have that hope. But I DO think that anything is possible.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I hear you Rebel

A principle reason I faded

Which wasn't easy

Was to stay in contact with my 85 yr old mother

Best wishes

Peace

:0)

• schnell
    schnell

My father passed away in September, 2007. I was 22. I became pretty vigilant for a while but that didn't last. It took some time to make sense of things. I have moved on as much as I can from losing my father, and I can only imagine how things would have gone if I had learned TTATT and faded at that time. I mean, I've already been called a traitor now, almost a decade later.

The Candace Conti case came close, though.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I turn 90 in the fall. This post touches my heart. I'm dependent on family. Only one of my children knows how I feel about the Watchtower these days. Aside from doctrinal issues, it fails its people. Family comes first. A belief system, an unstable, shifting, self-aggrandizing system is unworthy.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Mine is in his nineties. The only reason he hasn't shunned me for decades is because I had the sense not to get baptised. He's my father, not my friend and he has had decades of opportunity to fix that. I do my best, but it will never be good enough until I join his and Rutherford's silly little cult.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Old Goat, at 90, you are posting here which says you are still able to do some things even though you are having to rely more on your family. I say well done!

My Father turns 90 this year too. He cannot post on the Interwebs. He cannot toilet, bathe, dress, or feed himself. He is no longer able to carry on a conversation. I, too, love my Dad even though I do not like some of the things he did that hurt the family when he was zealous in the cult. He is no longer capable of being a zealous witness as his dementia is slowly robbing him of his abilities. One day, he will die because of this disease.

I was speaking to a colleague of mine yesterday. I told him my Dad has dementia. He said "Well I hope things get better for him." I said "No, he will die from this disease." My colleague said "Don't think like that." I said to him "You don't get better having this disease."

All that matters now is to be his advocate, be kind to him, and show him love. This is what is important now. Love is very powerful as it transcends the dementia barrier.

THIS is truth... THIS is reality.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

When my boy was born I remember a nurse handed me this boy " Here is your son" and holding that little package, was more than human existence. It was my son and a bond that I would never share with an organisation.The memories of that little package sleeping between his mother and I in bed, the first bath, the time I looked at his darling face and he pissed in my eye...this was my package of human existence and we are best friends today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit