Jehovah's Witnesses act like 'Flirts' with people!

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Instead of being flirting with people to attract innocent and "lost" sheep into their cult made in USA, I would rather use the term of "acting like hypocrites". But regarding the rank and file members still trapped in the JW.org snare I have to admit for their defense that they are so much mentally manipulated that they are physically unable to realize this kind of reality. This is not valid for those placed higher up at the top of the WT pyramid.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

People are often quite impressed with the JWs manner, and their well dressed presentation...

Well, I guess that such show may impress some people. However, some people can easily see through the glazed happy faces and rehearsed manners and script. People like me, cynical and skeptical, immediately pull down their invisible mask of sweetness. Sometimes I don't even have to say anything, my body language alone makes them back off and go somewhere else with their ridiculous passive aggressive act.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I bought a shitty car one time because the sales lady was hot and flirted with me subtly. Not immediately, not aggressively, but in controlled moments. She did it right.

How many times has some hot young JW lady gave me an RV and be like: "this shit ain't goin' nowhere with me".

Google "flirty fishing" if you wish to see the most extreme example of religious recruitment.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

The smug faces of Witnesses who brag about bagging a Bible study reminds me of the smirk you'd see on a guy's face after just getting to second base.

JW.org should start marketing blue and white rubbers. "Spiritual protection" in these last days because sexually transmitted "pestilences" are rampant, lol.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm not sure that "flirting" is true for all. I really wanted to have eye-to-eye, heart-to-heart contact with people. I always hated the rehearsed demonstrations, because that is not what real people act like. In service I had opportunities to like people for their thoughts and gain a measure of respect for having some thoughts of my own.

This new "I got a video I'd like to play for you" is so far from what I think ministering to people's needs should be, it's laughable.

But then, I never actually "helped" anybody into he "truth" either.

I thank God that I am inactive!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

I agree and I have seen this phenomenon of "flirting" with JWs. It's not just to entice people into the religion but is also done on other JWs by certain users in the hall who want something IMO.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A perfect description of how cults use lovebombing.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wow, I never thought of it in this particular terminology, but flirting is completely appropriate for what they do. Interesting concept.

• steve2
    steve2

It is human to like being the object of someone else's attention and interest. For some people, this is their first experience of another person showing an intense interest in them. JWs knowingly - or unknowingly - try to milk this aspect of human nature to their advantage - as do all good salespeople.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Stuckinarut2 ยป The Witnesses may invite them to social gatherings with the congregation "friends". It all seems so amazing! ("someone likes me!" they may say.)

Do any of them have boats? I'm looking for a friend with a grill and a boat! Preferably a boat with a motor. I reckon if a JW had a recreational boat that he'd most likely be counseled seein' how worldly it is. To me...it just keeps me from sinking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit