the bible god can not lie, but promotes lying prophets, today's wt study

by waton 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton
    --the two wills of God,-- as God's ways are not our ways--

JB: it is good to discuss the bible as a literary work, as we do Shakespeare or Goethe or Voltaire in school. I believe bible writing was human's best attempt to fashion a person/creator, his dealings according to their knowledge at the time.

A being that fashioned this immense universe, is uncreated, always existed and always will, is so beyond our mental capacity, that subjecting him, or our imagined image of him to psycho ananlisis is no more than discussing the above authors, or their writings.

The works of creation speak for themselves. Many here are probably theists, deists, --atheist only in protest. afier thought:

atheist are like wt, they dare god to show himself through his displeasure with them.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Waton, I agree God is beyond our mental capacity. Whether the Bible is God's Word or not, it is revelation on level with humans at the time written. That is also a reason that I am Preterist and abhor the doctrines of Futurism and "Christian Restorationism" (JW is such a group)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit