Transgender sues - because they were ALLOWED to change sex!!!

by The Fall Guy 18 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

You couldn't make this up! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51676020

The emperor's transgender's new clothes syndrome = don't dare define their problem as being psychological, otherwise you're transphobic!

In so-called liberal societies, opinions will not be tolerated if someone is "offended" by them.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Ive had some experience with this issue at my workplace.

Has anyone heard of pronoun badges? It displays your name and then your preferred pronoun, such as his/hers or they, if you aren't sure.

But it doesn't stop there.

Whatever you decide to be known as is now how people must describe you when they are talking about you in the third person, to deliberately not do so is discriminatory.

For example, 'Bob works really hard, they deserve a raise.' Yes, 'they' is how you describe a single person, not a group. Bob has decided he doesn't want to be known as a male, even though that is his birth gender and he hasn't gone through gender reassignment. It is all about how Bob feels. He is free to change his mind , of course, and it is up to all of us to keep up with Bobs preferred pronoun.

But wait, theres more. You can also decide to choose a made up pronoun, some examples are xie, zir and zem. If you don't like that, you can choose a cosmic pronoun to describe yourself. New York city now recognises about 30 different pronouns.

On the subject of puberty blockers, why is it ok for kids to make this decision? It reminds me so much of the blood issue, which is the argument about children not having the mental capacity to decide for themselves if a medical procedure is ok for them. When I was a kid, I dressed up as superman and identified as superman.

Its 2020 folks, get with the program. By the way, my pronouns this week are Lord, or His Worship.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Give them a bit of slack, people with gender issues have immense psychological problems to handle, which most of us can't imagine.

Better to be understanding rather than ridicule.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Give them a bit of slack, people with gender issues have immense psychological problems to handle, which most of us can't imagine - generally speaking, they're getting a bit of slack.

I believe in the freedoms we have in the West, including adults having autonomy over their own bodies.

So, I fully accept people are free to have surgical operations on their bodies and identify how they choose.

One issue here is that some places of work have become infected with the trans activist mind virus, and people are being compelled to address someone with that person's chosen pronouns. This is profoundly illiberal.

Example: Caitlyn Jenner is free to transition and call herself a woman. And I'm free to either accept or reject that claim. I'm free to either call her a woman, or call him a man and use he, him, his. Freedoms cut both ways. <--- this is how free speech works.

The OP's issue is ridiculous, if true. <---- Edit: just read the link and it says the person regrets being allowed to transition before adulthood. This is reasonable. Only adults should be allowed to transition.

But, I'm gonna make a prediction: expect similar lawsuits in the coming years. Gender reassignment is still very new. We don't know how badly people can be damaged from having their bodies sliced n diced, and taking hormones for the rest of their lives.

And here's an opinion that would get me in trouble on FaceBook or Twitter: I think the old fashioned way of treating people who suffer from gender dysphoria (recognising it as a mental problem, so psychological treatment) isn't as bad as mutilating an otherwise healthy human body and stuffing it with hormones.

At least psychological treatment can be unravelled. OTOH, once a person 'transitions' there's no way back if, later down the line, they discover they're not actually transgender.

• recovering
    recovering

Who gave permission for the minor to do this.? Is she using that person also?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Gender dysphoria is not necessarily a mental condition, it can be physical. To be a mosaic or intergrade between the sexes is not something anyone would likely choose for themselves.

The consequences of gender reassignment however brings heavy mental pressures and in an intolerant community, extreme social difficulties too.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

... then your preferred pronoun, such as his/hers or they, if you aren't sure ... For example, 'Bob works really hard, they deserve a raise.'

Min ...

I can see (in my twisted mind) this scenario:

- Bob's pronoun is "they".

- Bob get's a sex change operation.

- Bob now prefer's "she" as the pronoun.

- Coworkers come up to Bob, shake "her" hand and say "Congratulations Bob, nice to hear you had your dick cut off. Did everything go well"?

I'm sorry Min, your commentary just made my mind explode.

Rub a Dub

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hslf banana

Gender dysphoria is also rare. It is a birth defect. There are often other missing or malformed parts.

Another post mentions 25 being a real age for adulthood, certainly life changing operations should not be done on a child.

Society no longer defines well what makes a gender. From all men need to be John Wayne and the like to denying that women dont have upper body mass and on average are smaller.

• Simon
    Simon

I think society is going to turn on transgenderism - they have pushed too far, too hard. It's not about equality or tolerance, it's mentally deranged people wanting to exert power over others and bully them.

The identity politics of the left and the liberal lunacy they come out with is contradictory and makes no sense:

1. Society is unfair to women and the future is female
    2. Gender is a social construct, there are no such things as sexes

1. You cannot have an opinion on women's issues if you don't have a uterus
    2. You can compete in women's sports, even if you have a penis, if you call yourself a girl

1. People under 25 can't be held responsible for criminal activity as their brains aren't fully developed
    2. Kids as young as 3 or 4 can start irreversible hormone treatment to transition

For the latter, they are always the children of transgender activists. These people, and the ones who have drag 'queens' doing strip shows in front of primary kids, are all just a bunch of weirdo perverts.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

There has been cases were transgender males have been locked up and asked to be put in a female prison and then go on and abuse the female prisoners.

Does Bob use the male or female toilets or do they have a "they" toilet.

Does Bob get to put a dress on and walk in a ladies changing room?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit