"Inactive" non Attenders, how much power do the JW's have over YOU ?

by Phizzy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was thinking about this because of the constant reminders we get in Posts that we Inactive non Attenders have to be careful what we say to JW's, and what we do that they may learn about etc, if we don't wish to be before a J.C

The power they have is limited by what we give them. Now, I do not wish to be declared DF'd of DA'd, it would kill my old mum I think.

But I refuse to live my life looking over my shoulder, that, in my opinion, is giving them too much power.

I openly Vote, I openly donate blood, I enjoy the odd Cigar etc etc.

How much power do you allow them to have over you ?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They have as much power as you are willing to give them. It is all up to you.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They have none over us. They tried but we gave them NOTHING. It pissed them off and they moved on.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

more than i like. I work at killing the emotion.

• Tallon
    Tallon

They have no power over me at all. No witnesses call at my door and I do not seek their company.

PS; I'm neither disfellowshipped or disassociated. I just faded away.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

That I censor my speech around them, that's it. Its not really that hard to do.

• All for show
    All for show

I feel like they still hold a lot of power. Even though I'm out and inactive - faded-- I can't live my life openly, I'm dreading what my kids repeat and how it will expose me. So, while I don't conform and follow or believe their bull shit, I am silenced in order to not pay a heavy price.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Inactive" non Attenders, how much power do the JW's have over YOU ?

I don`t know..

When I laugh at them,they run away..

Image result for jehovahs witness training center

• just fine
    just fine

I do what I want, Christmas, Birthdays, vote, help in community programs. My parents have questioned it when I made the paper for my work in a Christmas charity, I just said it wasn't open for discussion. The only thing I don't do right now is openly criticize the cult. Once my parents are gone all bets are off.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

While my husband is a witness and my mother is alive (she is nearly 90) I have to be secretive about what I do. I am only bothered about getting disfellowshipped because of my mum, it would break her heart if she couldn't speak to me. I keep quiet all the time even though I nearly blew it when I first found out TTATT stupidly thinking they would feel the same way as I did about it; they didn't!

I have voted secretly and bought my grown up children presents for their birthdays and christmas. Although they dont really mean anything to me anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit