Disfellowshipped people are dead people?

by snugglebunny 26 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Skimming though my iphone earlier today I came across a FB post - which I now can't find!

Basically it was a claim that a GB member had stated that associating with a disfellowshipped person was akin to sleeping next to a corpse.

So obviously I'm curious as to whether anyone else has come across this.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Not in a magazine or book but i have heard a talk about 2 years ago in where they likened it to the ancient punishment of strapping a corpse to a healthy person. The person would, over time, get sick due to the rotting body he's forced to carry around, and he'd eventually die. The speaker likened this to associating with a DF/DA'd person, you would gradually become [spiritually] sick and eventually die [spiritually].

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have heard this comment... and who say's they are not a cult.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has taught in the past that the reasons why jws are df'd were violations of capital offenses under the Law code: adultery, murder, etc.

Thus these people were put to death; can't communicate with a dead person, right?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was said by GB member Lett during a broadcasting episode a few months back.

Ill try and find the right one....

• flipper
    flipper

I've even heard that comment from some of my own extended JW family members regarding myself. " Oh , Flipper is DEAD to us ! " It's so ridiculous. I'm alive and kickin' doin' the funky chicken from what I've noticed ! LOL.

All JW's want to look at us as this :

• blondie
    blondie

When I left 16 years ago, one of the comments at the circuit assembly prompted it.

Marrying a non-jw is like marrying a corpse (because the non-jw was good as dead at Armageddon)

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    Snugglebunny: Basically it was a claim that a GB member had stated that associating with a disfellowshipped person was akin to sleeping next to a corpse.

We're really more undead than just plain dead, so I'd say it's more like sleeping next to a vampire; which is way sexier!

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/c3/w_E_20141115.pdf

page 14, paragraph 5

5 A heartrending experience for Aaron’s family is recorded at Leviticus 10: 1-11. They must have been devastated when fire from heaven consumed Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu at the tabernacle. What a test of faith it was for Aaron and his family not to mourn their dead relatives! Are you personally proving yourself holy with regard to not associating with family members or others who have been disfellowshipped? —Read 1 Corinthians 5:11.

• kpop
    kpop

Yes. If you are not a JW you are going to die at Armageddon, a very slow and painful death anyways so you are already dead now. Nobody should want to touch a dead body. Do you? You are literally the walking dead if you are not a JW. That's a fact. The Governing Body has made that clear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit