Secrecy?

by HereIgo 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Were any of you shocked by the secrecy in the Org? I remember hearing that elders have to turn in their "flock" books if they resign, get deleted, etc, I didn't even know they had their own books and I was an MS. Is the bible not enough? I remember I asked one of the elders if I could see my publisher record, they refused to show me! I was blown away. No wonder people called us a cult. Any similar experiences?

• Chook
    Chook

Herelgo they have secret books all the way to top, CO book ! Branch book , GB book and finally THEIR version of the black book.

• User99
    User99

I remember once being shown my service report for the previous service year. I don't think that was my publisher record card, though. It wasn't until after I averaged OVER 10 hours a month that I was considered for MS and appointed.

And they made sure to send a letter to the congregation (secretary, I think) that either recommended your reappointment or not.

Speaking of secrecy, I wasn't allowed to see that letter. Whatever it was, I was never reappointed. That whole process was part of my "waking up".

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

@user99, I believe that's called a letter of recommendation? not 100% sure. But there was definitely something in that letter that stopped you from being re-appointed. I had an interesting experience also that I addressed in one of my other threads when I became appointed. Long story short, it was obvious that the entire process was completely man-made

• Chook
    Chook

The letter sent to next cong you attend . I always referred that letter as the undefendable slander, I even had a elder tell me that they slandered me in that letter, but couldn't tell me what was said .just like you said secrecy.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Were any of you shocked by the secrecy in the Org? I remember hearing that elders have to turn in their "flock" books if they resign, get deleted, etc, I didn't even know they had their own books and I was an MS. Is the bible not enough? I remember I asked one of the elders if I could see my publisher record, they refused to show me! I was blown away. No wonder people called us a cult. Any similar experiences?

I was born in and therefore, conditioned not to pay much attention nor question things. That's one of the things we the born in have against us, that we don't have any reference to other systems, so to me and to many of us born in, we saw nothing wrong with the secrecy.

One important question you asked was "Is the bible not enough?". Something that was an eye opener to me was the fact that they claim to be all about the bible and that what the bible says supports all their preachings and believes. Yet, they need to have gazzilions of publications and meetings and studies to explain the bible. Furthermore, if you look at the number of publications that they make and leave in people's hands, it's exponentially more than the number of actual bibles that they print and give to people.

• blondie
    blondie

Things are secret except when they are not secret.

Elders' wives and children knowing the details of judicial committee doings because elder dad leaves paperwork out in his office or unlocked in a drawer at home except in the locked files at the KH.

Or wives listen in to confidential phone calls

or husbands use wives as confidants

or wives nag or deny husbands unless hubbie tells them

elders from one congregation share juicy details with elders from another saying it is okay but use enough details that only an idiot would not know who they are talking about

Elders' wives who share info with best friends whose husbands are only MS

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Blondie, very true, I knew about the sex lives of some in my cong at 19 years old! smh all because of a big mouth elder who loved to discuss other peoples lives

• freddo
    freddo

If you want to look at lots of secret stuff including excerpts from elders books, Branch guidelines, letters to CO's etc. look on the Australian Royal Commission website. Look under case study no. 29 of the Royal Commisson child abuse enquiry under exhibits and read the submitted documents.

A gold mine of info.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If a brother consistently reported over 10 hours a month in FS ,providing he was exemplary in other areas of his life he was prime material for being appointed as a MS and later on as being appointed as an Elder

For the life of me I cant find any reference to amount of hours in field service you need to achieve to become a MS or an Elder in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit