Pics From Corfu and - - - You Tell Me!

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

he put olive oil in her Grecian urn and teetered along with his ancient fortress do whats?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

He "urned' for his Grecian virgin Olive's ancient teeters.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmm, some real mental struggles here!

OK, here's a give away pic taken from the same location:

Englishman.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Albania ?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Angharad wins!

Here's the clue a little clearer:

alt

Englishman.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Whoo Hoo

I went to Corfu when I was a kid. It was the first time I'd been on a plane - the flight was terrible due to weather and turbulance and then when we were coming into land the plane had to bank VERY sharply to avoid flying over Albania - scary first flight !

I remember going to the monestry in Paliokastritsa, it was lovely

• Englishman
    Englishman

Angharad,

Albania is an horrendous place. Although the countryside is beautiful and the Byzantine ruins astounding, wherever humans live it is dreadful. Appalling filth and mess around the towns, old and wrecked vehicles in abundance, beggars wandering around and being very insistent too.

Most of the houses have a pole on top from which is suspended a doll or teddy bear with the eyes gouged out to ward off the "evil eye".

It's by far Europe's poorest country, only 2% of the population have a phone, average wage is £27 per week. That's a lot more than when the communists were in power too.

Englishman.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Is it true that the flag represents the famous Albanian delicacy, "truck flattened chicken"?

I didn't think so.

• mike047
    mike047

I have never been to Albania, but during my military tours in the early '70s, I visited Corfu, Rhodes, Crete and the mainland of Greece. I enjoyed it very much as I did all of Europe that I saw.

Mike

• Shakita
    Shakita

Great pictures, Englishman!

I love seeing the pics from your part of the world....hopefully one day my husband and I will be in a position to travel and see more of the world than we have time for now.....unless, of course, armageddon comes first....I hear it is coming very soon now!

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit