How Often Do You Come Here?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm not one to post much because I can't get the thoughts in my brain to my fingers to type, but I come to this forum at least 5 times a day to see what is going on. I kind of miss the ones who were here 10 to 13 years ago when I first signed in. People come and people go and it makes you wonder what happened and where are they in their life at this time. One in particular is Little Toe. He just disappeared like so many others. Myself..........I have totally mellowed out from what I was back then. It has taken years but now the JW think is mostly gone from my head.

Peace to all and especially to any I may have insulted in the past.

• Ding
    Ding

I usually check the threads every day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I usually check in multiple time per day. That's sad, isn't it!!!

I think there needs to be a 12-step program for this addiction, but WHERE ELSE SHALL I GO? [deja vu all over again]

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

At this point, I mostly come here out of curiosity about what the religion is up to and what they are putting their followers through...I ask myself: could I still be sitting there listening to that? Answer: No.. If the 1995 thing hadn't happened, something else would have outraged me. Being surrounded by fools asking for money would be the last straw.

HAPPY DAD:

The JW is definitely gone from my head as well...The poster you mentioned, Little Toe, stopped posting many years ago. I think some people decide to move on for whatever reason... Others will leave an email where people can keep in touch. Everybody's different.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Daily....

I enjoy the interactions, and appreciate everyone's input.

This wonderful community was a life line when I first awoke to TTATT! Especially before my wife also awoke. I found the ability to share thoughts and even to vent very cathartic.

I am very appreciative of the support and help this community provided me!

I hope too that I may have been able to assist others who went through similar life situations.

I understand that we all grow, and that the nature and content of our posts change as we develop into "normal" people and become "ex-ex witnesses"

Some of the ones who were very helpful in my early days have moved on and we don't see them here anymore... but I miss them and wish them well.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Now that I am stuck at home healing from surgery I find myself on here several times a day. Before my surgery I would go for days if not weeks. I feel this site has changed or I have changed. I don't know which. Sometimes I can go for several days without thinking about my pass in the cult but times come I can't keep my mind off of it. I think Simon told me one time I will never fully get over I I have been through. At the time that comment hit me like a ton of bricks. I now understand what he meant.

It's a growing process coming out of a lifetime in a cult and I feel it will take the rest of my lifetime to work on myself. Don't get me wrong I am 1000 times better than I was when I left but there will always be things I will need to work on. Yes I will most likely keep coming back here for a little encouragement Fromm time to time. Still Totally ADD

• James Jack
    James Jack

Every Day, twice a day

• freddo
    freddo

Most days.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Very rarely now.

As others have said, in the early days of leaving, sites such as this can help tremendously to overcome the feelings of hurt, anger and betrayal we all feel when we learn the truth about 'The Truth'.

I don't need to come here any more but I still do so occasionally (about once a month) out of curiosity to see if anything major is happening in La La Land.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Daily at least twice a day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit