Great Trib is Starting!

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWs have always used current world events such as wars, famine and plagues to support its doctrine of mankind is living in the " Last Days ".

The factual reality though is that these certain events occurred much more in previous centuries/generations prior to 1914 but you have to be reasonably educated to know that.

Thats how the WTS exploited people's fears and ignorance to build power and money around themselves, lie and bullshit to the public and wait for the susceptible naive and gullible, all premised upon thats what the bible says.

• btlc
    btlc

It is just about June 2020 Watchtower study articles:

“I Myself Will Search for My Sheep”

Study article 25: August 17-23, 2020. Why do some who have served Jehovah faithfully for years drift away from the congregation? How does God feel about them? This article considers answers to those questions. It also discusses what we can learn from the way Jehovah helped some in Bible times who temporarily drifted away from him.

“Return to Me”

Study article 26: August 24-30, 2020. Jehovah wants those who no longer associate with the congregation to return to him. We can do a lot to encourage those who want to accept Jehovah’s invitation: “Return to me.” In this article, we will consider how we can help them to do so.

So, everyone of us here should be prepared for love bombing in next months...

• Testeverything
    Testeverything

Attention everyone!! Listen to this very carefully!! You need to learn the TRUTH about the end-times and about what the bible REALLY has to say; Please go to the following websites for SOLID, bible-based teachings and may your eyes be opened!!

Assembly of Called Out Believers; Triumph in Truth; 119 Ministries; Land of Honey and UNLearn the lies.

Thank you and may Yahweh bless you

• Half banana
    Half banana

Testeverything: how about testing the Bible? Find out how Yahweh was the son of El in the Canaanite pantheon, why bother with Yahweh when his brothers would do for you just as well? And by the way science indicates that the world will be ending for human life in about 300 million years give or take a millennium or two. Prophecy is irrational since there is no power to enforce anything in the future as Bible prophecy has shown. Prophecy is strictly for idiots -- but thank you for your good intentions.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@testeverything: This is the yahweh you desire to worship as shown in the verses belowAs for me I refuse to worship one who does not communicate clearly what he wants, who he is , what he expects of humans etc; But lets it so vague in areas, so confusing in others and also contradictory in yet others.

jeremiah 19:9 And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of his neighbor in the siege and in the distress, with which their enemies and those who seek their life afflict them.’

Isaiah 13:16 ESV

Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.

I am not sorry that I do not want to worship such a god who touts love but fails to deliver it himself.

Zing

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My "inactive" relatives are getting it both barrels. "Putin this" and "Putin that". When one started in on me about Putin and his one world government diatribe, I asked; "You mean Jehovah's witness bullshit?" That ended the conversation that moment. They don't want to lose contact with me by pegging me as an apostate so they plug their ears and go "na na na na" as it were. I drop it too, I could care less.

• Bud Stars
    Bud Stars

The study articles assume that inactive ones are sad, lonely and even miserable without their JW friends. Active JW's can't comprehend how much richer life is after we leave.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

This is what JWs do they predict then try to put square pegs in round holes like they did in 1914. They predicted the end of the world but WW1 started so that was the prediction. They have baited and switched so many times is disgusting. This is not the GT. Even if one believes this crap this is not what they have preached over the years. Pestilence was a part of the whole of the GT not the main show. Remember it was to start with peace and security being touted by the governments. I don't think anyone is saying that right now. Its pure BS from the cult. If they are calling this the GT it shows how pent up their desperation has been. Grasping at straws.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    This is what JWs do they predict then try to put square pegs in round holes like they did in 1914. They predicted the end of the world but WW1 started so that was the prediction

Confirmation bias:The tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of ones existing beliefs/theories.

In 1957 when the first satellite was launched into space, JW's said it confirmed the Bible's end time prediction that there'd be fearful signs from the heavens in the last days.

Frequency Illusion/Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon: A cognitive bias which describes our tendency to see new information, names, ideas or patterns 'everywhere' after they're first brought to our attention.

Rather than seeing earthquakes, hurricanes, diseases, food shortages as isolated incidents, for the past 100+ years, JW's have been on the lookout for signs and have shoe horned every unfavorable global occurrence into being signs of the time of the end. They even view normalcy or favorable occurrences (peace and security) as a sign of the end. If mankind accomplishes something good, they say it's because Satan is trying to mislead them into thinking they don't need God. It's a win win set up for JW's.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I seem to remember some type of comment being made at the district assembly at Hawthorne Racetrack back in the early 80's that the tribulation was about to be starting because of a political comment made about peace and security.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit