This Story Says It All

by Lee Elder 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This story shows the sad reality of being a JW in a medical emergency, and how incredibly difficult it is to make an informed, free choice about medical care. It also shows that for JW's, obeying Watchtower leaders is more important than marriage or even the life of your child. Very sad indeed: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/267054/religious-husband-dumped-saving-child/

---

Religious husband dumped her for saving her child

By: Emily Marcelo - Columnist / @Inq_Lifestyle
    Philippine Daily Inquirer / 04:20 AM July 02, 2017

My husband of 11 years left me because I allowed my daughter to have a blood transfusion after she contracted dengue. My husband is a devout Jehovah’s Witness and his religion believes that having a blood transfusion is a sin against God. I can’t believe how selfish he is. Our daughter’s life was at stake and she needed blood! He said this procedure would make Jehovah angry. He said he was willing to sacrifice our daughter’s life to please God. Without his permission, I donated my own blood for my daughter.

Since I have broken this rule, my husband dumped me. It’s heartbreaking that my husband put his religion first. He even warned that our daughter and I would be punished for what I’ve done. It’s been seven months since my husband left us. I am now a solo parent. My husband even refuses to give financial support because he said he didn’t want to support a disobedient wife and daughter. Even my church has disowned me. My daughter and I are not allowed to attend services at Kingdom Hall anymore. Our fellow Jehovah Witnesses friends won’t even help me or talk to me. But I’m still lucky I have my family to back me up.

Am I a bad Christian? Does God still love me?

• steve2
    steve2

She saved her daughter and lost a husband. That's gotta be a win-win.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It is a hard realization that your partner is willing to put their religion before their own child. Disgusting really.

• Island Man
    Island Man

There's a comments section at the bottom of the article. So far all the comments are supportive of the mother's actions and express disapproval of her husband and the religion. It would be interesting to see what JW apologists would eventually have to say. Right now JWs look very much like the heartless pharisees that condemned Jesus for healing on the sabbath. They still have not learned what Jesus told the pharisees to go learn: "I want mercy and not sacrifice".

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I agree, it is a win-win, as upsetting as it must be for the mother. She made the right choice, its just sad that she couldn't have a free choice without sanctions or control. I would be surprised to see JW apologists jump on this train. Great quote from Jesus by the way.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Very strong evidence of the traumatic fear-based brainwashing done by the WTBorg.

Quote from Victim Wife of WTBorg:

He said this procedure would make Jehovah angry. He said he was willing to sacrifice our daughter’s life to please God

Quote from Victim Wife of WTBorg:

He even warned that our daughter and I would be punished for what I’ve done

While the Husband WTBorg has acted in the manner of a Complete As$Hole, I suppose it would be only right to have pity on the poor soul. He, very sadly, knows not what he has done and continues to do. Same for the congregation who have been hoodwinked.

The Victim Wife, conversely, demonstrates the Fruitage of the Holy Spirit in lovingly valuing the life of her daughter to provide her with life-saving blood. Blood from the place it belongs in her body to the place blood belongs in her daughter's body. How the WTBorg can equate this process to "eating blood" is Hateful Satanism.

Good Golly Miss Molly! The Brainwashing is incomprehensible. Banning of The Cult is perhaps the only solution.

Love the foregoing commentary... Right On!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This article needs to be forwarded to news outlets around the world!

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

For outsiders, its difficult to understand just how strong the level of control really is. Its much like serious addiction. I think its a great idea to give widespread distribution of this story. It really does a good job of illustrating the strength of Watchtower's undue influence.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A thought just occured to me though I may be completely wrong and please correct me if that is the case..

While the baby is growing in her mothers tummy dont they share the same blood ?

And if so what could possibly be wrong with a mother giving the blood that they both shared before her childs birth could be wrong for the mother to give her child the same blood after her childs birth ?

Its just a thought that came to me .

Regardless of the above the wife is far better off without the husband and the religion (hopefully) and she has her daughter for life whom she saved despite her father by his actions sentencing the child to death.

• Alfred
    Alfred

"My daughter and I are not allowed to attend services anymore."

RED FLAG

This "story teller" didn't do her homework before making up this story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit