Adult Homework and Extra Credit

by lovesjehovah 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• lovesjehovah
    lovesjehovah

It seems that once we became sensible adult humans, we lost our way. We stopped asking questions. We submitted to the bidding of the world. We stopped doing our true homework. This life isn't about luxury, sex, violence, etc. It's about billions of humans being here at the same time to help each other. So I raise this challenge...

Write about what you would change in the world to make it better for every living being.

Extra Credit: Attempt to do so.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I cheated. But seriously ... our world could do without religion. I will attempt to make this change by not belonging to any religion.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

• lovesjehovah
    lovesjehovah

This discussion is not just limited to the topics of religion, politics, and other bias. It can be a simple statement about the ozone, or a quip about what comedy should be. You have free reign in this forum, but please, no bashing of any group or person.

thanks for your contributions

__________________________________________________________________________________

I have several ideas but here's a short one that I think would make a major impact down the line.

In the terms of internet usage. I think if we replaced the popular action of "liking" a post, to marking it as "important," the content and intentions of the internet would change. Filtering out the non important posts would bring attention to much more pressing matters, and how to fix them. The internet is the breakthrough of our generation, and it's being used as a vehicle for entertainment more than a catalyst for social awareness, communication, and vitality.

**I will attempt to change the way the internet is used by making a site that is only for important issues (not like the news)

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    eliminate.... religion...
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    What I would change first about this world is to have free and unobstructed "higher education" for everyone. At a minimum, young adults would be expected to complete a Bachelor's. And offer financial incentives for pursuance of grad & doctoral degrees.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Everyone must smile at 5 people a day, especially the ones who are really ticking you off.

Make smiling the first point of contact with anyone we meet, yes, even the guy in the elevator. Extra points for saying, " Good morning!"

Rather than flipping the driver who cut you off the bird, wave at him enthusiastically as if you hadn't seen him since summer camp after 5th grade.

• done4good
    done4good

1. Improve public school system in areas of low income. This would empower low income families to actually have children that would qualify for a university education.

2. Free higher education for all.

3. Eliminate organized religion. (personal religious beliefs would be OK, as no one can effectively be the thought police, however no organizations would be permitted to be built around that belief).

4. Create an international coalition for water desalination, cleanup.

5. Invest heavily in R&D for alternative energy, (large sources would be needed for #4). This should include nuclear fusion.

6. Eliminate judgemental twits that assume everyone in the "world" doesn't give a shit.

d4g

• cappytan
    cappytan

Besides eliminating religion?

I would go back in time prior to the industrial revolution and change physics. I would change physics so that when oil or any oil product is burned, zero greenhouse gasses were emitted. Instead of greenhouse gasses being the waste from burning oil, it would be liquid beer.

Specifically, that new Guiness Nitro IPA I've fallen in love with. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Teach young people to think critically and independently, which is what I do every working day of my life!
  • sparky1
    sparky1

By the age of 15 years old, all students should be taught two distinct ways of viewing their lives:

1. Mindfulness meditation. The student would learn how to remain centered in their body and learn the difference between THOUGHTS, FEELINGS and SENSATIONS. By establishing a relationship with themselves through mindfulness meditation, they can learn to be 'comfortable in their own skin' and accept the oneness of their body and mind. That way they are prepared to 'face the world' on their terms.

2. Inductive reasoning, deductive reasoning, logic, rhetoric, scientific method and dialectics should be fully integrated into the curriculum of any school system. If the student can learn to think and reason through these methods they will be able to 'face the world' on its terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit