Watchtower/JW .org and their 'apostate driven LIES'⁉️

by Nathan R. Koppe 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Vidiot, when the hiding of pedophiles by the WTS came out, my husband asked another elder, "what if a brother confessed to you that he had murdered someone; would you report it to the legal authorities (and not the BOE)." The elder replied he would tell the BOE and they would handle it in house. Then my husband asked, "what if that person had sexually molested your daughter (10 years old at the time)?"

The elder went quiet but my husband could tell that he might report it to the authorities by his long pause. Then he said he would trust god to handle it. This was a new elder who had not grown up in a jw household. I guess he had never considered that point when it applied to someone he loved dearly.

He is no longer an elder having removed himself, stepped down is the term I think, and is not as active as he used to be. At least it is a step in the right direction.

• cofty
    cofty

I don't get it.

How is the admission that some JWs have abused children incompatible with the claim that they are not 'permissive of pedophiles'?

Weak arguments harm the case against the cult.

Be in no doubt that I believe that the Watchtower has created a haven for pedophiles but I don't get your argument.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cofty - "... the Watchtower has created a haven for pedophiles..."

It wasn't on purpose...

...but it was inevitable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    blondie - "I always wonder why the WTS sees child sexual abuse as a sin only."

It's easier for a weak person's conscience to think of it as "forgiving a sinner", ass opposed to "concealing a crime".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit