LDS version of Simon?

by cappytan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Mormon leaders have moved to excommunicate the prominent founder of an online forum for questioning Mormons, charging him with apostasy for publicly supporting same-sex marriage and the ordination of women, and for challenging church teaching.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/us/john-dehlin-mormon-critic-facing-excommunication.html?_r=0&referrer=
  • cappytan
    cappytan

This post was obviously made in jest. 

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Ok, I am missing something. I don't understand the "jest" component.  It is too bad that a gay Mormon spoke out for gay marriage and then was ex communicated. But what do you expect from a cult...
  • cappytan
    cappytan

No, I meant I was kind of kidding in comparing the two.

The situations are obviously different. Story just struck me as vaguely similar.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The thing is, shunning rituals in these cults is not newsworthy. I wonder if people realize how widespread this is. It's great it's making the national news, I just hope people aren't thinking it's unusual.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I'm confused ... am I supposed to be gay or be a polygamist? Please don't let me have to be a gay polygamist.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Maybe you're a female polygamist that wants to be ordained. 

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I will give mormons credit for one thing.  They are about 10 years ahead of Wt in regards to openness and transparency  with its members. 
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I know the Mormons are ahead of us in many ways but I am not looking forward to wearing Magic Underwear.

Rub a Dub 

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis
    Please don't let me have to be a gay polygamist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit