How to tell my parents that i dont want to be a jw?Please help, im begging...

by ihatemylife 11 Replies latest social family

• hybridous
    hybridous

AGREE with OTWO!

Getting baptized would help NOTHING -

And hurt EVERYTHING!

If you are at such a point of doubt to be HERE, and talking to US about your concerns, then you must know that you would NEVER be at peace within the confines of this 'religion' and its restrictions.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

First, I understand that you disagree with your parent(s) about the religion, but never think that they are not trying to give you the best (that they think) life has to offer. It's a cruel cruel world out there and at 17 you are likely NOT prepared for it. Everything is expensive! Housing. Transportation. Utilities. Even just food. And your parents have been providing all of this for you likely at no expense to you. I think you'd be smarter to "fake it" as a JW a little while longer until you can prepare yourself for living independently.

NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW THAT GETTING A GOOD EDUCATION!

Go back and read that previous sentence. I assume right now you're still in High School (if you're in the US). Assuming you are in the US, tax laws now allow parents to treat payments (up to abut $2500) to Community Colleges the same as if they had made a payment to the IRS against what they owe in taxes. So, your folks can pay taxes............OR, they can pay your college tuition. As long as they pay income taxes...........college is basically FREE (for the first two years). And most young people need those first two years of college to even figure out WTF they want to do in life.

If college isn't your "thing", then you'd best talk to a school counselor about getting into a "trade". Does your area have Labor Unions? A union construction worker here is earning over $30/hr plus free health insurance and free contributions to a pension. Many carpenters, laborers, equipment operators earn $50,000-$70.000 annually. So do not discount a "blue collar" trade. Most unions have apprenticeship programs that will allow you to work (for a lower pay scale) while you learn on the job.

You're probably better to take advantage of whatever your parents are willing to do to help you "get a leg up in life" rather than burning the bridge.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

Oh yeah------DO NOT GET DUNKED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit