The Anointed Apostate: the Remarkable Sister Pettifog

by TerryWalstrom 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TERRY:

I also agree that if these older Witnesses who passed away years ago were to see what has happened to the JW religion they would be shocked beyond belief. It bears no resemblance to the religion they knew.

I really do think they would get up and walk out.

• Terry
    Terry

The other day I got an email from my High School here in Ft. Worth informing me of the REUNION. I had to laugh. I graduated in 1965!
    I typed a quick reply.
    "Dear So-n-so,
    Who in their right mind would imagine after 56 years anybody would wish to attend a High School reunion? They're probably all dead anyway. Thanks anyway."

This set me remembering, of course... (cue the harp glissando)
    Inevitably I thought back to who I was at age 18. I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and not much more than that.
    How did I let that happen? - I wondered redundantly.

Eventually, I traveled that well-worn path back in time and bumped into this memory of the anointed sister at the Kingdom Hall.
    I thought I'd look this one up and I found it.

Anointed? No - you're probably mentally ill.
    The Governing body covering their ass again - that's what that's all about.
    We all watched the Memorial figures for the countdown back then.
    The numbers of partakers should diminish like sand running out of an old hourglass.
    Nope.
    Started back up and up ...
    Huh?
    Gotta explain that somehow, right?
    Makes me wonder how all those anointed newbies felt when they weren't celebs any longer.
    It's curious psychology.
    Mildred Pettifogg (aka Boots Richardson) would really be pissed!

• hoser
    hoser

Terry,

There are those in life that are naturally takers, users call them whatever. They have figured out how to manipulate good people like us for their own benefit. This is where the jws are at. I grew up a jw, watched the 1975 bs as a youngster. I was mentally pressured to an early baptism because that generation is getting old and there isn’t much time left. I honestly believed in it and was truly terrified of dying an excruciating death at the hands of a “loving” god. Now it all means nothing.

I won’t bother looking up when the number of partakers began to grow but I think it was late 90’s or early 2000’s . I think maybe around the 1995 generation teaching change. I believe that these rising partakers numbers was engineered by the organization to keep the gravy train on track. It was obvious that Armageddon wasn’t coming anytime soon so they had to keep it going somehow.

25 years on and a new generation teaching, basically a new religion they keep the scam going to dupe new recruits into providing a free ride for the governing body.

Where is this rant going? I want to personally thank you and all the other posters on here for posting your experiences and helping many to wake up to this evil religion.

• Terry
    Terry

"I want to personally thank you and all the other posters on here for posting your experiences and helping many to wake up to this evil religion." -hoser-

I want to thank you for taking the time to read it and comment. Much obliged!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

I wasn’t in the religion yet in 1975, so I missed this fiasco.

It was my observation that some JWs were very adept Users.. If they didn’t come into the religion that way, they sure learned how!

After being panned and viewed negatively because I worked full time, I refused to give anything to these people who never really worked much and voluntarily lived on the edge. Armageddon was coming to save them, you know..so they preferred to be knocking on doors, going on coffee breaks and attending special gatherings I was never invited to...Well, I hope they planned for their Retirement! If not. Oh well.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Makes me wonder how all those anointed newbies felt when they weren't celebs any longer.
    It's curious psychology.

Religious cults are a curious psychology.

True but they all have core similarities and thats included with the JWS religoius cult..

Basically to mentally allure

to mentally manipulate

to mentally exploit

then to finally mentally entrap by various means mostly related to fear

The WTS/JWs have done all of the completely and thoroughly, even going as far as saying their organization if god's unique solemnly chosen organization.

The top leaders of this organization are willing to break up families and let people die in hospitals as a means to both sanctify and self glorify themselves toward their own impose identity as god's direct channel.

• Terry
    Terry

It's been 40 years since I was inside a Kingdom Hall.
    An old ex-JW friend of mine (just before he died) accompanied me five years ago to our old Kingdom Hall. At least, we tried.
    It was gone!
    The plot of land was still there, of course. A different building now stood in its place.
    We simply stood blinking at what wasn't there (if that's possible.)
    A peculiar nostalgia of sadness swept over both of us.
    We exchanged memories that made us laugh until we succumbed to tears.
    Those people were dearest 'friends' as well as spiritual Brothers and Sisters.
    Except ...it isn't REALLY true. They were NOT actual friends.
    Friends don't cut you dead in an instant.

It was all inside our skull bone like a flash of weather formed out of nature itself.
    The sound of the ocean in a seashell.
    BELIEF is living your dream and the 'fellowship' is a shared delusion.
    If you've ever been in love/infatuation - it's like that: so vivid, visceral, and robust inside your chest but nothing more than a downpour - here and gone.

We stood there and looked at reality: there was NOTHING there and I'm not lying if I say this: there never was.
    Not at all.

Even that friend is gone now. Quentin Roberts.

The big difference is that he was a TRUE friend every waking moment of every day and when he passed on - the silence of the phone that doesn't ring haunts me without letup.

I'm very grateful we undertook that little trip. I cherish it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit