Nosey elders and Pioneer wife's

by Foolednomore 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I bought a pre-owned Mercedes M Class . My second car. And the day I drove it to the Hall I was told by an elderrette that is a showy display and too much car. It was not even new. The elder of the wife who busted my chops made more comments in a local needs talk. He has alot of nerve with that new Ranger Rover he owns. Then a week later look who pulls in the KH parking lot with a new Mercedes. The elderrette.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i saw that kind of stuff SO many times! I bought a new pair of red shoes and an old pioneer sister said, RED SHOES!?!! Like I was madam of a brothel.

I said, Yes, i love the color red.

Meanwhile, all the fancy dress up sisters wore red high heels all the time.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I was in the "truth" there was so much competition. Now that I'm out there is no competition. Crazy thing it is!

• waton
    waton

anti christians. jesus x-1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    When I was in the "truth" there was so much competition. Now that I'm out there is no competition. Crazy thing it is!

Oh yeah! Funny that ain’t it?

As Mrs Ozzie would often remark to me “What was right, is really wrong and what was wrong is really right.”!🙃

• Biahi
    Biahi

They had something to say when I drove in with my new Chevy Camaro. I just let them talk, I was leaving soon, anyway.

• hoser
    hoser

We’ve been criticized for having a car that was too plain with not enough options.

Seems like they’re never happy so I’ve concluded there is no point in doing a song and dance to try to please them.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

God forbid that a JW own a pickup truck. Fellow JW's will be like flies on shite wanting you to haul stuff for them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi FOOLEDNOMORE:

This isn’t quite the same but similar:

Back in the day I needed another car because the one I had was on its way out. A nosey older sister piped up and said something about ‘not getting a two door’ I believe because of the ‘friends’ and FS… To which I replied: “If the religion is willing to make my car payments I’ll get any kind of car they want.”

• hoser
    hoser

Longhairgal

I think my dad told them something like that as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit