Has the Watchtower ever admitted in writing that blood transfusions could save a person's physical life?

by Vanderhoven7 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

TD - In another thread on Blood, you mentioned a particular operation that required many units of blood to complete. I was trying to locate that thread, but so far have not had success.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would take a guess that it could be some kind of aneurysm, particularly an aortic aneurysm repair or resection required LOTS of blood to keep the patient alive. They usually will bleed out unless it happens while they are already in the hospital.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i had an aortic aneurism for years...discovered by chance when i was scanned for possible stones. I never knew i had it--it never gave me any trouble. I had it scanned every year--then in early 2016 i was told i needed an operation to fit a stent as the aneurism was starting to expand.

The op was a complete success--carried out by an American Lady surgeon at Southampton general hospital UK. I have had no after effects or problems. Ive no idea if i was given blood--i never asked.

Now--the stones are back--and i'm waiting for non-urgent surgery to remove my gall bladder.

• TD
    TD
    Vanderhoven7

Years ago, I spoke with a representative of United Blood Services and he gave me several easily verifiable examples (i.e. The stories had appeared in local newspapers) where transfusion was absolutely necessary.

One was an Apache Junction woman who had ignored the pain of an ectopic pregnancy and had collapsed on her front lawn with a ruptured fallopian tube. By the time help arrived, she had bled out internally. No pulse, no respiration. The resuscitation and subsequent surgery required 42 units of blood.

Another was a DPS motorcycle officer who had been in a bad accident. She needed a number of emergency surgeries in a short period of time. There was a valley wide blood drive in her behalf.

Maybe it was something along these lines I said? I'm not sure.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks Guys, That is exactly what this JW I am dealing with needs to fathom. I can't believe the level of indoctrination needed for someone to believe that blood transfusions never saved anyone.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

What moron downvoted me, I'm just asking if the English version had a similar thought or not?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It's implicit in the acknowledgement that refusing transfusion could cost you your life.

They actually glorified that idea in the infamous May 22nd 1994 Awake!

(The one with the pictures of the JW children who apparently have died)''

I must admit, I remember that Awake! cover vividly to this day.

I want to say that children around that time, maybe pre-teens or pre adolescants or young adults must have been terrified. Terrified to to realize that was what their families/congregations expected of them. They were expected to die. Probably was terrifying to say the least.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

neat blue dog:

That quote was only found in the Dutch Edition. Nothing even close to it in the English Edition and a lot of people wondered why.

Atlantis!

• TD
    TD
    Vanderhoven7

I think this is one of the better sources you can find to make your point. It's a reprint of an article that appeared in the August 1988 issue of Discover magazine.

The article, written by Doctor Elisabeth Rosenthal, describes in step by step detail the unnecessary death of a JW from refusing blood.

https://culteducation.com/group/1267-jehovah-s-witnesses/11522-vital-signs.html

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Just saw this now.

Thanks TD. It is an excellent example.

Edit:

I just sent the URL to the JW involved and will await his response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit