Beth Sarim

by HereIgo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

How many of you know about this San Diego mansion? I just found out about it recently. Apparently it was built for old testament faithful men to live in upon resurrection in 1925 such as Abraham, Moses etc. and Rutherford was behind the construction and idea of it all. Isn't he responsible for a lot of the current WT teachings and protocol? Makes you wonder just how much of Rutherford's ideas were BS and how much of an influence he had on many of JW weird ways.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't remember where, but some XJW has published a copy of the deed in which the WT stated that it held the property in trust for the princes.

Perhaps someone can post a copy or a link.

After Rutherford died, the WT sold Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob's house.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I tricked my wife into looking up what Beth Sarim was, once. It made for an interesting evening. I think there was steam coming out of her ears. She was lashing out at the kids for not using a knife and fork properly, around the dinner table, etc.

After a while the cognitive dissonance must have kicked in and she calmed down. She probably doesn't even remember it now.

• zeb
    zeb

What staggers me about the BethSarim episode is the arrogance that the men (and women) of old would be resurrected in California, America. Resurrection? ok but in the middle east where they originated.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

What staggers me about the BethSarim episode is the arrogance that the men (and women) of old would be resurrected in California, America. Resurrection? ok but in the middle east where they originated.

why ? everyone knows Gahd is american

• Chook
    Chook

Beth sarim has a modern application its called Warwick , the only difference is that the prophets are already occupying the hall of shame. I can assure you there will be secret rooms for the elite just like the original in San Diego. It's ironic that Jws used to criticise church's for their opulence yet Jw clergy class live a cushy life free of worry about money.The ice cream money and the widows coins are all acceptable because god needs your first fruits. The catch cry for the next assembly should be the same as movie Jerry Maguire " show me the money "

• smiddy
    smiddy

Zeb

Fair comment , you and I and every other human being is what , fore-ordained to be born at a particular location ? on earth ?

Didn`t the WT publications of yesteryear indicate that resurrected ones would be brought back in familiar surroundings ? so as not to freak them out ? being resurrected ? wouldnt freak them out ?

Then again isn`t California the new promised land ?

Shepherdless ,how about tricking your wife into watching on video , Australian governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson answering the question put to him ,by Angus Stewart at the ARC into Child Abuse if Jehovahs Witnesses were the only ones that had the truth.His answer on video for all to see was "that would be presumptuous of me to say that "

Vin Toole on the ARC, when asked "What do you know about theocratic warefare , he stated words to the effect" I have heard that ,however I dont know what it means " He is a practicing JW and a lawyer.

Its all on video.

If the Sexual Child Abuse cases, over 1006, against Jehovahs Witness children are false , apostate lies , why then is a Governing Body member being questioned and lies , under oath ,and a JW lawyer ,also under oath lie to the ARC about what they know .

1006 cases of JC ? equals 3018 Elders who were involved in these investigations , and not one of them contacted The police or child protection agencys in all these years .

• Chook
    Chook

Vin Toole (the tool) the Jw lawyer should of been disbarred because he misinformed the elders who rang bethel on the subject of compulsory reporting which was applicable in certain states of Australia at the time, he is a totally incompetent lawyer as smiddy pointed out his lying about theocratic warfare comment.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, this is one of those "what the hell?!" topics that blows the minds of witnesses and those trying to fade!

Sadly, there are MANY similarly disturbing topics and issues!>

Beth-Sarim is just the tip of the iceburg!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

So if Rutherford had been correct about the resurrection taking place in 1925, where were Abraham and the others to live for the next 4 years? According to Wiki, Beth Sarim wasn't built until 1929.

WIKIPEDIA - Beth Sarim (Hebrew בית שרים "House of the Princes") is a ten-bedroom mansion in San Diego, California, constructed in 1929 in anticipation of various resurrected Old Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit