Do you know of any elder that should not have been appointed?

by Iamallcool 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Any takers?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Does a bear......?

Yes. Adulterer (2×) drunk. Wife beater. Child beater. Thief. Pompous ass. Lazy. Judgemental. There are more.

There were also some good people but wife and I were reminiscing about the ones we miss. ( dead)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MS carrying on 8 year affair with worldly woman at the time he was appointed as elder.

So much for that Holy Spirit direction BS.

• solomon
    solomon

All of them because Holy Spirit doesn’t exist.

One that stands out is a trouble shooter elder that was in my parents congregation. I heard about it from my elder uncle, now deceased.

This elder was the classic come clean up your congregation kind of guy and encourage pioneering etc. Both him and wife were regular pioneers and one or two kids in beth hell.

This guy was a snake. He was ripping off the older brothers and sisters in the hall and a real condescending a hole in the congregation. So he decides to move to another congregation once he had fleeced all he could. The other elders wouldn’t give him a recommendation letter as there were unresolved issues(fraud).

This elder calls up a favor from his circuit overseer buddy and circuit overseer pressures the elders to write the recommendation letter.

Fast forward about 6 months this fraud elder ends up getting caught by his wife in the sack with an unmarried pioneer sister.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yes. Adulterer (2×) drunk. Wife beater. Child beater. Thief. Pompous ass. Lazy. Judgemental. There are more.

Sounds like we know the same guy. Left the upper mid-west (U.S) and moved to Texas. Still a drunken, cheating bum; but hey, he's an elder, so I guess holy spirit doesn't mind that kind of person after all.

Meanwhile just because I think, and I asked questions that were hard to answer honestly if one has any discernment at all, I am "bad" association and to be avoided.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Plenty, too many to mention.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LAMALLCOOL:

In my opinion, definitely one person and possibly another.

From what I observed, Holy Spirit had nothing to do with appointment of elders. In some cases, it seemed somebody wanted it like a political candidate running for office! Then, if there was a need and if there was no opposition from anybody ‘influential’...voila ..there was a new elder. Whether he turned out to be good or bad was anybody’s guess.

SOLOMON:

I am also struck by what I read or hear about elders who turn out to be rip-off artists of one sort or another.. I could not help but feel, sadly, that the JW religion (in general) has too many people who are very adept users. The question is: were they always like that OR did they learn they could get away with being like this?

I can honestly say I wanted No dealings with anybody there and that was back when I was pretty much a ‘believer’. Now..I’d run in the opposite direction!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Fedup

That wasnt one, but a bunch I knew through the years. The old boys club attracts certain ones and they exclude some who should have been appointed

• karter
    karter

To many drunks to mention there was a group of 5 Elders that were serious drunks.

One guy made an Elder while ripping off people in the congregation as their Accoutant.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There are upwards of 15 elders in the congregation I am affiliated with. In my opinion most maybe qualify to be ministerial servants...to order janitorial supplies...clean toilets...& serve as magazine attendants. How they got bumped-up to status of elder...I dunno!

An elder is considered an official ordained minister. The odd thing is most JW elders don't know the first thing about defending their own faith let alone serving in a pastoral capacity to assist & shepherd others in need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit