Cedar Point 1922 convention attendees, are you still happy?

by Nambo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    repeat post
  • prologos
    prologos
    Can someone put this in clear terms? all pre-1930 wt adherents were anointed, had to die to go to heaven, so who did they think these never to die millions were to be in 1919? was not the Great Crowd of Other Sheep only invented in 1935? surely the prospective Beth-Sarim old faithful could not be the one's that would never die, they already had died at least once, unless they were the old resurrected ones, widows?
  • Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by prologos

so who did they think these never to die millions were to be in 1919? was not the Great Crowd of Other Sheep only invented in 1935?

From my understanding, they believed that many "good" people on earth would live on it forever. Those "good" people were not JWs but they lived a good life and believed in God, blah blah. Heaven was first prize for the JWs and others got the lowly live forever on earth prize. Those killed at Armageddon would apparently be truly evil people. A slight contrast to today's JW beliefs...

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by prologos

so who did they think these never to die millions were to be in 1919? was not the Great Crowd of Other Sheep only invented in 1935?

From my understanding, they believed that many "good" people on earth would live on it forever. Those "good" people were not JWs but they lived a good life and believed in God, blah blah. Heaven was first prize for the JWs and others got the lowly live forever on earth prize. Those killed at Armageddon would apparently be truly evil people. A slight contrast to today's JW beliefs...
  • Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by prologos

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by prologos

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Posted by prologos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit