I think we are being shunned

by Tallon 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tallon
    Tallon

I have not read all the discussions about the recent regional convention where the Org is now ramping up the diabolical act of shunning. I am not sure as to which ‘category’ of persons it now applies.

My wife and I have faded over the past couple of years. Our book-study conductor used to drop by to give us the magazines. From about two to three weeks before the convention up until now we have not heard or seen him and neither from any other JW.

I am not worried about it and neither do I have anything against him. I just like to know if we have possibly been added to the esteemed group of people that is to be shunned.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

once you are labelled inactive then i think it up to the discretion of each individual jw how to take you. to begin with most will try to avoid you and this will probably feel like shunning to you. but things get better after a while...

of course the discretion of each individual jw is heavily influenced by the GB first and then the body of elders and then the congregation and each family ...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The org is playing its "auto-suggestion" games again - this time with "conscientious shunning."

Nothing attributable - only tenuously implied.

They've planted seeds with their convention video - one which specifically targeted inactive J.W.'s who are found to be seriously sinning. However, they've opened the floodgates for the average J.W. to apply the reasoning of "by extension" to all inactive J.W.'s, and when the uber-J.W.'s at the K.H. begin "avoiding" inactive ones, others will follow their lead.

• Chook
    Chook

Tallon

being shunned for you is being blessed. As people age the only thing they have left is pride , the act of humiliation or shunning is the most satanic act against someone self worth or pride.

• alanv
    alanv

In some ways it is easier to fade now as elders have no excuse to call round with the latest mags etc. Everything can be accessed online by most people. So at least they cant use that as an excuse for calling on a fader.

• stillin
    stillin

It has always been up to each individual as to who he will associate with. If you were a person who had opinions about anything, even before you became inactive, you were probably given a wide berth.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Our book-study conductor used to drop by to give us the magazines.

Maybe there was genuine concern for you on his part but it sort of cheapens it when you realize that if you're inactive, they can count the time they spend with you.

I just like to know if we have possibly been added to the esteemed group of people that is to be shunned.

Maybe they've finally taken the hint that you've moved on. I've come to realize that our leaving the JW's was not as big of a deal to them as it was to us. After 30 years fully active in the same Congregation it was 3 years after our last meeting before anyone came to look for us.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Thank you folks for commenting on my post. I was relatively new to this congregation being a member for a little over a year. I never got to know anyone well as I kept very much to myself, same as I did in the previous congregations I associated with.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I just like to know if we have possibly been added to the esteemed group of people that is to be shunned.

Why on Earth? Aren't you fading (or faded)? Isn't the point of fading to let them go regardless of what stupid reason they use to feel like they are the ones calling the shots? In my opinion, who effing cares? That's what fading is supposed to be. I faded because (1) I don't give a rat's behind about that organization and (2) I want those people out of my life.

• Tallon
    Tallon

@ scratchme1010

Thanks for your post. You are right. I have faded, going on for nearly 3 years and yes, I have no interest in that organisation anymore. I was just curious however, as you say, I should completely let go of it.

Once again, thank you to all for commenting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit