by Lost in the fog 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lost in the fog
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thanks for posting I've been watching this unfold with interest

jtg

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am glad the Russians figured out WT's sly moves "donating land to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York in the US, but still using it as before".... The WT thought they could get away with saying "Oh, it's not owned by Russian JWs, it belongs to a corporation in the U.S."

I guess there is someone who CAN stand up to the WT.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Just one of the many world wide losses for the USA Watchtower corporation. Their investment abroad seem to be vanishing by huge amounts I'm sure Spain, Portugal, England, Australia, Netherland, just to name a few are also going to vanish big time.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

We keep in expectation of Jehovah, the God of all justice, to correct matters in his own due time.—Isaiah 30:18. one day is like a thousand, so don't expect the big guy to do anything anytime soon.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Its easy to tap dance on their grave and feel justified but seizure of property creates a lot of bad feelings among others who would invest in the country. Its a bad precedent and especially in a country with deep communist roots

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

This is not just a seizure of property, but a step towards being a regressive form of government that is simply dangerous in this free world.

If banning religions and seizing properties worked, then there would have been zero witnesses in Germany post the Nazi regime.

It may seem that this may wake up some JW's, however, this oppression will make die-hard witnesses more sure that they are right. While it would be difficult to get new recruits, it will strengthen those already in - and that's what WT is caring about lately.

In all this, I fear for the safety of the individual JW's in Russia.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If banning religions and seizing properties worked, then there would have been zero witnesses in Germany post the Nazi regime.

Would that have been such a bad thing ?

In all this, I fear for the safety of the individual JW's in Russia.

Nice sentiments Dw, however do you honestly think J.W.`s in Russia fear for your safety ? they see you and me as food for the birds to be slaughtered at Armageddon.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    however do you honestly think J.W.`s in Russia fear for your safety ? they see you and me as food for the birds to be slaughtered at Armageddon.

I am not concerned about what they think about me. But I know that banning them doesn't make them stop being doomsday people. Their message about non-JW's being killed in Armageddon has not changed since 1925 even after multiple bans in various countries.

Bans have been used by dictators, authoritarians, and nefarious leaders. This is never a good step because you don't know what they will ban next to fit their agenda.

We live in an age where inept ideologies are criticised and turned down by knowledge, education, and information and not by oppression, regression, and brute force.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t know , but is their such a big difference between banning something and having a law against something ?

Do we ban murder or do we have a law against murder ?

do we ban crime or do we have a law against crime ?

When its all boiled down what`s the difference ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit