A great article! Highly recommended!

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thank you. Just saved a copy and read some to my wife.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

That was amazing, thank you for sharing! Gave me chills.

But can anyone please elaborate on what he meant by CTR's biography being a lie? I have not heard of this in my research?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

He says a lot in very few words!

Seriously good post! Sounds like the life story of many of us born-in dubs that went on to become MS"s, Elders, Pioneers and generally good brown nosers! Been 5 years now for me as a serious fader and not one JC or even a visit from 2"loving elders".

just saying!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

That was a very interesting read.
    So many parts in it that I could relate to and sure many others can as well.
    The emotion that was conveyed as he went step by step through his process of discovery about the organization and even learning about himself was so raw and realistic.
    I was only going to read a couple paragraphs and save for later but after getting into it I didn't stop until it was finished.
    Very well written and articulated. I will have to give this two thumbs up as the saying goes and recommend to others. Thanks for the link to it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Confusedandangry

He mentions the book "Jehovah`s witnesses in The Divine Purpose" where they supposedly relate their early history and its beginnings with C.T.Russell .

It in itself is a sugar coated version of their history as they re-write their history and re-interpretate previous beliefs held by them

I dont have that book now and am just going by memory

I`m not sure whether this fits in with what he was referring to or not .I`m not sure whether this was in the book or not.

Marley Cole authored a book called "Jehovah`s Witnesses A new World Society" may years ago and he palmed himself off as a non witness and the "Society " quoted him as such .

It came out much later that Marley Cole was a dedicated baptised Jehovah`s Witness when he wrote the book and the J.W.were very much aware of it .

Their deceit was exposed.

Maybe he was alluding to that .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "...Marley Cole authored a book called 'Jehovah`s Witnesses A new World Society' may years ago and he palmed himself off as a non witness and the 'Society ' quoted him as such ... It came out much later that Marley Cole was a dedicated baptised Jehovah's Witness when he wrote the book and the JWs were very much aware of it. Their deceit was exposed."

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Giordano
    Giordano

What was extraordinary was how emotionally entangled Vincent was with the Society and Jehovah. Even just being in a kingdom hall, participating in the singing, giving talks......... everything............ seemed to resonate beyond a healthy experience.

I thought it interesting that Field Service was more of a chore for him then all of the other things he was involved in.

Then....... being a JW and especially an Elder became very toxic and life threatening.

Many JW's suffer from exiting voluntarily or being made to exit. Sometimes you pay a heavy price for believing you were in the Truth. I hope his family is still close to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit